Thread: Missing my Z06, considering an Atom...

Lurker
    Country
    United States

Missing my Z06, considering an Atom...

Last summer I sold my C6 Z06 thinking that an SUV and a lesser sports car would suffice. I bought a new Forester for a DD and began searching for a new toy. I ended purchasing a very fine example of an S2000. It was a great car but it just didn't scratch my itch if you know what I mean. I signed up here hoping to learn more about the Atom and possibly find a good used one for sale.

Country
    United States
    An Atom offers very little in the form of creature comforts or practicality. You have to think of the Atom as a 4 wheel sportbike when considering a comparison against other vehicles. Sacrifices have to be made..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    New Zealand
    You are on the right track by increasing the number of vehicles. There are all types of itches. Next problem... garage space.

I have a slow noisy 4WD for all those places you can't take an Atom, Z06 and sometimes even a Forrester. Then in contrast, for most other duties, I have a sedan that has plenty of creature comforts yet hidden muscle.
    Whereas the Atom is more my cobweb remover. A sort of "head out on the highway... born to be wild" machine. Better IMO than a bike. Plus if you want to play trackday racecars they are great for that too.
    01100001 01110100 01101111 01101101 00110001

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

We may be able to scratch your itch...

I'm not sure if you are looking for something to drive on the street or you would be happy just driving at tracks. Either way, take a look here as we have four cars that you may be interested in driving, with an Ariel Atom being on one of them.
    http://www.besttrackdaycar.com/index.html

Also, if you did decide to proceed with an Atom or Radical we may be able to source one for you if you can't find an acceptable car locally (in the USA):
    http://www.besttrackdaycar.com/buy-a-track-day-car.html

We are Atlanta based.

Regards

Andy