Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on an Atomfest for 2012?

Country
    United States

Any word on an Atomfest for 2012?

Just wondering..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I think if TMI wasnt able to get enough support to do the last one there isnt much chance for a big event this year
    the high profile toy thrower

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    I think if TMI wasnt able to get enough support to do the last one there isnt much chance for a big event this year
    I'll go!

Country
    United States
    I think it was a matter who had the desire and energy to develop, orchestrate and herd the herd of feral cats.

Plus the percentage of owners who actually go on track is dwindling.

I nominate Mark as chief instructor.. err cat herder..
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Country
    United States
    Hell..all TMI would have to do is set aside a weekend(or a couple of weekdays)at VIR and call it Atomfest12. Set it up like a regular high performance driving event (full track,please) charge a reasonable fee,ask for some volunteers to ride along with green drivers..it doesn't sound like a BFD to me. VIR has all the accommodations (housing,camping,food) right there on site,and TMI is located at the track. They could even run it contiguously with one of their Spec Racer events,maybe a day earlier or later. Just don't have it in November!
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; June 6, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Way too late for 2012. But if there's sincere interest again, then OK. Here's step #1 of a challenge to keep it as simple as possible:

If each Atom owner was to pick ALL individually preferred dates for a 2-day Atom event at VIR in 2013 (May through Oct. only), post what dates you'd pick on the basis that you'd then be prepared to commit to participating with your car.

Please don't complicate it beyond this basic premise at this point.

You can all track the results for yourselves.

Team TMI

Country
    New Zealand
    6th and 7th July 2013. Then you can all make it a four day weekend.
    01100001 01110100 01101111 01101101 00110001

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    As a reminder to any Atom owner, you're always welcome to bring your own Atom to VIR as our guest on one of our VIR Club/SRA weekends (see schedule on our website). A $100. VIR Club "Guest Fee" gets you 4 X 20 min. sessions/day (Sat. & Sun.) in "Open Wheel", alongside the SRA cars. Applicable requirements are: we can only have 1 guest driver/day (separate Guest Fee to be paid for another guest on 2nd day, etc.); guest drivers must hold a valid, recognized racing license to participate in any SRA/Open Wheel class sessions (otherwise only in "Touring Light", behind quick VIR pace car); all cars must meet VIR Club safety/tech inspection standards; and only "SRA" cars can run in our SRA races (5th session each day).

And for any Atom owner, including any owner travelling to the US from abroad and who otherwise recognizes the above schedule & requirements, we do sometimes have one of our own SRA cars available for use with suitable advanced notice.

Team TMI

Country
    United States
    ^Very cool! I may just take you up on that! I had no idea you allowed "regular" Atoms to mingle with the SRA's. That would be fun! Still...an Atomfest13 would be something to shoot for...assuming there is moderate interest. Do the SRA's use the full track for practice,or just the south track?

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    The combined 5 SRA/Vir Club weekends utilize all VIR track configurations, except Patriot, as identified in the VIR Club portion of Vir's website.

Again, the potential of any 2013 AtomFest event here at VIR is primarily up to Atom owners to determine via their expressions of interest + commitment.

Team TMI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast