Thread: Caterham Windshield on a Atom 2

n00b
    Country
    United Arab Emirates

Caterham Windshield on a Atom 2

Greetings folks,
    I was wondering if it would be possible to fit a Caterham windshield on to the frame? Maybe a question of sorting a bracket to fit onto the frame with a sharper angle?
    Just wondering.
    desertwind

Country
    United States
    Anything is possible with enough glue,duct tape and a trusty Sawsall. I recently put an Atom3 windshield on an Atom2 and that was about as much fun as a root canal..but the end result was worth it. The Atom dash panel is quite unique in shape...I'll bet a Cat w/s would be a ton of work to modify to fit and in the end look like ass.. Maybe photoshop one onto an Atom pic first to see how the lines go together...
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

n00b
    Country
    United Arab Emirates

Atom 3 Windshield on Atom 2

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    I recently put an Atom3 windshield on an Atom2 and that was about as much fun as a root canal..but the end result was worth it.
    When I asked (Ariel) if it was possible to retro-fit the Atom 3 windshield onto the Atom 2 I was told it was not possible. If you did it, can you share your pain about the process as it leads to your triumph at achieving it? photos please.

I was thinking of the Caterham as a donor as its already presumably street legal, and logic would dictate it should be relatively easy to come up with a metal bracket to connect it to the frame. However, having looked at it again, you are right in that it won't work.

Cheers.

Country
    United States
    This is not a "how to" thread,but it shows the Atom2 with the Atom3 windshield and dash panel. The dash panel on the 3 does not fit the 2 without some custom framework building,but it really is not that difficult. To get the wiper motor/washer bottle to fit,you will have to hack the 2's frame a bit if your car came with the fire bottle option.I opted not to install the wiper/washer as I only wanted the face protection of the glass.
    http://arielatomchat.com/forums/show...d-Not-a-how-to
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; June 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

n00b
    Country
    United Arab Emirates

Thanx MadMaxAtom

Dear MadMaxAtom,
    Thanx for the link and the photos. Like you, I am only interested in the face protection from the wind and wouldn't bother with the windshield wipers/washers (it sure don't rain much where I live!).
    A pity it wasn't a step by step build.
    But at the very least, you proved it can be done!