Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAM290 for sale Washington

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Its worth what someone wants to pay

If I was in the lookout for a Atom, and I know that several people have got a ton of power out of the ecotec like the 600WHP twin charged one I just posted about, I would value this ecotec more knowing what I could do with it. Buy it, send it to DDM works and have it back with more power to weight than a Koenigsegg CCX plus a Audi R8 combined and still have a few hundred thousand $ left over for tires.

If I wanted the cheapest Atom possible, I'd look for a Spec racer and throw some lights on it and try to fly under the radar at the DMV.
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    "It's worth what someone wants to pay" Precisely. I see a stock brammo Atom as a diamond in the rough..and certainly not "broken".
    When I buy/sell vehicles, I find modifications detract from their market value,and many others do as well. I'm not saying this perception is warranted,however in the world of buying and selling..it is factual. I see it every week at car auctions.
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; May 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    I'm not sure if Darth's complaint comment is directed at me but I'm not in the market for another Atom, nor do I care about my resale value, so perhaps my opinion is not worth anything. I just know that my early model Brammo "300" didn't cost $62k new, delivered, insured and registered. It's got the Tilton pedals so it's an early model, before both $5000 price hikes. I suspect that inflation hasn't affected the original purchase price to that degree. If it were to be considered a fixer-upper and it was to be sent to a performance shop to facilitate attaining ludicrous speed then there's an AA3 rolling chassis option that would be a better start for the money.

Bolus is right though, it's worth what someone will pay for it. If there's a buyer for it then kudos to the prior owner.

*Edit*
    Regarding Max's "not broken" assertion: Pot/eɪ/to, Pot//to. I bought the Atom to track it. The Brammo Eco 300 has numerous issues with being tracked straight from the factory so I don't consider it a 'safe' car to operate at the track. It's fine for parade duty if that's what the owner has in mind for it. Perhaps the term 'broken' is too judgemental. If you prefer 'diamond in the rough' that's fine.
    Last edited by McFred; May 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    I just know that my early model Brammo "300" didn't cost $62k new, delivered, insured and registered. It's got the Tilton pedals so it's an early model, before both $5000 price hikes.
    FWIW, my RAM285 Atom had a Brammo invoice price of $65,280. And that's before I ordered the parts to swap all of the matte black fiberglass panels to CF, added the remote oil cooler, and so on.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I found my original invoice. This is the first order I put in before I was offered the 006 car that was mostly built before the purchaser cancelled.

Boy these used to be cheep
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Ha! $50k="cheap"..hehehe...it's all relative..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Gluon
    Country
    United States

Hawaiin car?

I believe this was the car sold on Ebay in January that was located in Hawaii.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff8407 View Post
    I believe this was the car sold on Ebay in January that was located in Hawaii.
    That was a different care, it had 30miles on, tons of carbon fiber and other goodies compared to this and sold for $58k

As I said before, if interested this can be had for much less than that.

Country
    United States
    I tracked my "stock" Atom2 Ecotec for years with the the stock tune and nothing more than a better muffler with zero issues and many victories,so no parading.I did upgrade to the stronger Palatov uprights once I went to the huge sticky rubber,because the stock uprights are marginal for such use in my opinion. Considering the Atom is NOT a track car,I feel they hold up very well.Most of my competition are substantially modified compared to my stock brammo Atom2.Excellent brakes,adequate suspension and a great cooling system are all assets to the stock Atoms track capabilities.
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; May 13, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Country
    United States
    Hahaha, it's as though I'm on the English board. Want to discuss IP laws and ethics now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12