Thread: engine wont rev past 4k at any gears ???

n00b
    Country
    Saudi Arabia

Question engine wont rev past 4k at any gears ???

Big hello from saudi arabia

i am new to forum because i am new atom owner

i got it used , and it was running fine for couple a days but when i took it out today i found out that it wont rev over 4k at any given gears

i know the rev limiter is limited at 4k when the car is in neutral and if i hit the pedal it will rev to 4k only , but today it limited the rev on 4k when i am driving

any idea what could cause the problem ? it did rain the day before and the car wan not fully coverd could it be the problem ?

(what i mean by revving is engine fuel cut of for safty like when u over rev it it will cut of fuel
    )

Did you make sure the car had warmed to operating temperature first?
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo View Post
    Big hello from saudi arabia
    i am new to forum because i am new atom owner
    . i got it used , and it was running fine for couple a days but when i took it out today i found out that it wont rev over 4k at any given gears
    i know the rev limiter is limited at 4k when the car is in neutral and if i hit the pedal it will rev to 4k only , but today it limited the rev on 4k when i am driving
    any idea what could cause the problem ? it did rain the day before and the car wan not fully coverd could it be the problem ? (what i mean by revving is engine fuel cut of for safty like when u over rev it it will cut of fuel )

n00b
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Quote Originally Posted by beckertb View Post
    Did you make sure the car had warmed to operating temperature first?
    OK what is the regular operating temp ? i drove it when its like 70c and still did the same but after a while i turned it off then on again and it was properly warmed and its rev just fine ?

so is there is a rev limiter when its cold ??? is that correct ?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Im assuming you have the honda engine. Sounds like the 4000rpm is the limp mode and lots of things can do it. I'd recommend calling up the factory since I dont think you have an OBD2 port to see what codes it is running.

Looking through these threads I see everything from low oil pressure (check your oil), to electrical issues, sensor problems like the MAP failing and other things.

http://honda-tech.com/tags.php?tag=4000

n00b
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Im assuming you have the honda engine. Sounds like the 4000rpm is the limp mode and lots of things can do it. I'd recommend calling up the factory since I dont think you have an OBD2 port to see what codes it is running.

Looking through these threads I see everything from low oil pressure (check your oil), to electrical issues, sensor problems like the MAP failing and other things.

http://honda-tech.com/tags.php?tag=4000
    thank you beckertb , the link you posted is useful i can see this is a common issue with the atom honda engine .

got to check the wiring and stuff before i call the factory i doubght they will have a solotion for me just over the phone i will try to minimize the search before i rang them .

i keep you guys posted about the issue if it fixed .