Thread: Atom Clone - TR-82

n00b
    Country
    United States

Atom Clone - TR-82

Hi folks,
    New to the forum. I don't own an Atom. Wish I could. I am, however, in the processing of building a vehicle which is very similar in spirit to the Atom called the TR-82 (see attached). It's a father son bonding activity. We've put a V8 in the back and connected to an audi transmission. Much of the work is done on the vehicle by a fabricator, but now many details remain to be done by us. I ultimately plan to register the TR-82 for the road in NY. I figured that our vehciles we might have a bit in common and could exchange info through the forums. I look foward to chatting with about your cars and experiences.

Thanks,

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Country
    United States
    Neat project! Is that the fuel tank up in front?
    300hp K20A | "It'll never go, my dears! Not if he's had anything to do with it."

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Neat project! Is that the fuel tank up in front?
    Yes indeed. hopefully it's not too small for a thirsty V8.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Awesome project. Can you give us some more details? Driveline, weight, etc? Is that a SBC or SBF? How do you mount that to the Audi tranny? Any why an Audi tranny if you're only driving the rear wheels?

Cheers,
    Jason
    2011 Ariel Atom Not Supercharged
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Country
    New Zealand
    Welcome Andy,

Feed it some Red Bull because it would look great with wings. A rear one especially.
    01100001 01110100 01101111 01101101 00110001

Country
    United States
    Welcome to the site! I haven't talked to Pook/Danny in too long.

Those are great Exocars!
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

n00b
    Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Payne View Post
    Awesome project. Can you give us some more details? Driveline, weight, etc? Is that a SBC or SBF? How do you mount that to the Audi tranny? Any why an Audi tranny if you're only driving the rear wheels?

Cheers,
    Jason
    Thanks Jason. Yes its a SBC (350 cu in) married to an Audi (016) tranny via an adapter from Kennedy Engineered Products. This combination seems to be fairly popular amongst the kit car set. My fabricator had the engine & tranny on hand. The suspension/hubs are from a pontiac solstice. So one of my next steps wil be to use solstice axles and trim the down add spline and marry to audi cv joint for attachment to the tranny. Lots more to do when we get it home. Weight should be about 1600 lbs. Pickup is this weekend.
    Last edited by badermatic; April 17, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Pick up of the TR-82 was succesful. The car looks even better in person. My son & I now have alot of work ahead of us.
    Attached Images Attached Images