Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: differences between AA2 Brammo and AA3 TMI?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy View Post
    Brammo Ecotec cars also have a horizontal radiator up there, which also has a fan which tries to cool the supercharger.
    Good one Terry, quote of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbug View Post
    Seems like a lot - If I am able to acquire one I will need the help from forum members to track all this down and fix. I can replace the ECU and have it retuned I have a local shop that can do that.
    May be in future if I have the funds install a intercooler from unique fabricating

but other essentials list I will need help with.
    Ever seen a Mustang or Camaro with no fixes/modes/upgrades/customizations or a Celica with Dubs for that matter? There is a whole JC Whitney catalog devoted to such matters.
    All things get changed by owners that like to tinker. Atom caretakers are a higher than average tinkering bunch. Tinkering is not a bad thing. What is irritating to some is a non irritant to others.
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Positron View Post
    Good one Terry, quote of the day!
    To be fair, in its original application the Eaton M62 worked fine on the LSJ. The combination of moving the engine to the other end of the car from the radiator (in the Cobalt, they're right next to each other) and trying to run a higher-than-stock boost level causes problems.

At one point, I actually calculated that installing an air conditioning system to feed the supercharger nice 60-degree air would actually be a win (you gain more HP than you lose from having the compressor - even more since you can go to a ridiculously small pulley on the supercharger). But there's no room for the compressor and plumbing back there.

Country
    United States
    Agreed, out of the box it was only suppose to make 205hp.

But using an oil cooler to cool water was a bad choice on it's own. Being horizontal and blowing down I found that it actually added calories into the water from the front rad if ran hard. Blowing up on hot asphalt was only marginally better. Really needs to be a double stack in the front clean air, but real water radiators that fit in front are all but impossible to source now.

However, my running argument with my long time friend Silver, is that it's pretty hard on the street to stay in the high boost long without going to jail.

The stock configuration becomes less critical the less loud it makes, and vice versa.
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12