Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Atom2 with windshield installed. Not a how to..

Country
    United States

Atom2 with windshield installed. Not a how to..

Atom2 with the Atom3 windshield option installed.Done with hand tools,and patience. I like it... (sorry about the dirt,Bolus..)

Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 10, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
    06Arielatom likes this.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Couple more photos;

06Arielatom likes this.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    TMI did a very nice job on these pieces. Of course your installation is top notch too.

Country
    United States
    TMI didn't make them.Ariel in the U.K. did,and yes,nice pieces. I'd like to see how TMI is installing these on 2s,as they don't really.."fit" the 2 without some custom work. Nothing complex..but still needs to be done to make it look...factory,and have strength.
    I wasn't sure if I would like it,but now that it's done, a def improvement in frontal protection from flying debris.. and the looks might even be better.
    Until I get it out on track I won't be 100% sold,but I am thinking it has to be more aero than the open "cheese grater" cockpit.
    Best thing is, if I don't like it,it's easy to put the old dash/hood setup back on.

It may even add more downforce than both brammo wings..
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 10, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    I'm liking it more than I thought I would have.
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Country
    United States
    ^Me too. On the next one,I will spray the under glass "dash" area with a flat black paint, as the semi-gloss is throwing too much reflection.

I have a few more decals coming for Doc, and some different lights...I may try some small LED directionals up in front and below the windshield area(the cowl) as Bolus suggested. The blues would be cool to use out on track...maybe with a little siren...
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 10, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Nice -

I am guessing no Wiper?

That is one thing that would be an issue for me if I bought an existing title car - it has to have windshield and wiper both

Country
    United States
    Yes,the wiper comes with the kit.No,I won't be installing it on my car. Most windshield installs will have the wiper and washer unit,so not to worry..
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 11, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Thats Great

Got another question related to your pictures

You have stock seats but you put pads around the back and shoulder area what pads are those?

Country
    United States
    That material is 1/2" EVA padding. I buy it in 2'x2' sections and cut my own. Pretty simple,and very practical way to make the tubs snug. Waterproof as well,and cheap.. I cut patterns from cardboard where I find the need for padding,and then transfer the cardboard pattern to the EVA sheet. Cut with a razor knife on a board (at an angle-practice a bit..) I use 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive (black) to secure. Logos can be had off Ebay and they are nice quality.

I saw some headlights at a speed equipment trade show today that were amazingly bright,compact and well packaged.(so were some of the booth girls..)

If I drove my Atom at night,those babys would be right on that cowl screen area! (the lighs...the lights.. )
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 12, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast