Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Storage Ideas?

Electron
    Country
    United States

The current car and AA are the same height

Country
    United States
    Take your measurements with the garage door open, if you can't open the door and clear the top car with the upper car in the lowest up position of two cars you won't be able to open the door to put the lower car in.
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Positron View Post
    Take your measurements with the garage door open, if you can't open the door and clear the top car with the upper car in the lowest up position of two cars you won't be able to open the door to put the lower car in.

Yeap did that last night, with each car 4ft high and celing at 9'6" both won't fit with the garage door open.

Wife would love to change house but its not easy and if I change house .... mean no AA or at least gets delayed....

Life is too short... must have soon

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbug View Post
    Yeap did that last night, with each car 4ft high and celing at 9'6" both won't fit with the garage door open.
    Consider a high-lift door that tucks right up against the ceiling instead of wasting space if you currently have a door that hangs down too far from the ceiling. This can be done with a standard door, only requires a slightly different orientation with the tracks and torsion spring.

I replaced my garage door recently and chose this option in preparation for a lift, really didn't cost much extra. Ends up looking like this, or even closer than this to the ceiling in many cases (random pic from a google picture search):

This site has some nice before/after photos of the garage door conversion. Do a google search on "high lift garage door" or check this site for a nice write-up also.
    Ariel Atom 2, Ecotec 300, owner since 2007. Drive, Detail, Improve, Repeat. Visit my website.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123