Hi all. I just took a few minutes to update the calendar with the dates of the 10 SRA races for 2012. Come on out and run with us or watch! Anybody with road Atoms in range of VIR who would like to drive with us one of these dates, please let me know. Guests are allowed for the practices, so you might be able to join us for a day depending on your car configuration and driver qualifications. Joining an SRA race in a non-SRA Atom is also theoretically possible, but the rules have very strict equipment and driver qualifications, so I'd suggest talking to Mark Swain at TMI if you want to explore that possibility. Really, just scrounge up the bucks to buy an SRA- you know you want to...

I also posted the VIR Atom driving experiences TMI is conducting (see http://www.arielatom.com/drive-an-atom/) on the calendar. Those with a little experience who can get to VIR can do an arrive-and-drive on the very fun VIR South Course in TMI's fleet of race-prepped Atoms in the level 2 events. Those with less (or no) experience can do an arrive-and-drive on the short Patriot Course in the level 1 events.

For my $0.02, I did the equivalent of the level 1 event last year before taking delivery of my SRA to get some seat time in the Atom. It was fun and definitely showcases the car, but if you can, I'd highly recommend a full day at South Course in level 2. South Course is a blast, and TMI is making a great Atom PDX opportunity available with these level 2 classes.