Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Desired upgrade - please share your experience

Electron
    Country
    United States

Desired upgrade - please share your experience

So besides the factory upgrades - what are desired upgrades?

Please share your knowledge and experience.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Haha, so what is your story? Show up yesterday asking about registration and you are already planning out upgrades one day later? So how did you learn about the Atom?

As for upgrades, the Atom 3 is a mighty fine car. There is probably little that you'll do right away for upgrades. As you get more used to the car then the upgrade ideas start. Once you are used to the car then you can do your 650hp turbo upgrade

http://www.realstreetperformance.com...rbo-Ariel-Atom

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    headlights to HID
    turn signals to LED
    supercharger swap (ecotec)
    intake
    exhaust
    safety washers
    bearings
    brake pads

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Haha, so what is your story? Show up yesterday asking about registration and you are already planning out upgrades one day later? So how did you learn about the Atom?

As for upgrades, the Atom 3 is a mighty fine car. There is probably little that you'll do right away for upgrades. As you get more used to the car then the upgrade ideas start. Once you are used to the car then you can do your 650hp turbo upgrade

http://www.realstreetperformance.com...rbo-Ariel-Atom

The Atom has been on my list for about 4 year. Last 3 years I have been working on another car and gathering information about getting the AA in New Jersey. I am just about done with the other car. So now I can plan and concentrate on the Atom.

I like to plan everything in advance and make it happen as quickly as possible. so I have started my research gathering information and making spreadsheets etc. sending out emails and posting on forums. I used to belong to the old official forum as well.

I am actually going to be vising TMI and RSP both in April same week I have been looking at that Turbo and its videos for a while.

I will be getting the Roller of course. I have now sort the paperwork and insurance plane my upgrade plan etc.

I do like to get the top of line stuff on my cars but with the AA I would be happy to get it in any shape in my driveway which is the other added expense.

I already have a modded car in the garage, so I will have to spend some Gs to make storage/garage in the backyard and stuff. Added expense I didn't want but will have to. With snow and everything can't leave either car outside. Daily drivers stay outside

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    headlights to HID - DIY
    turn signals to LED - DIY
    supercharger swap (ecotec)
    intake
    exhaust - DIY
    safety washers
    bearings
    brake pads- DIY
    supercharger swap (ecotec) - Whats this some more details please I love to learn.
    intake - options?
    exhaust - DIY SS I guess or other options?
    safety washers - Whats this?
    bearings - More info please

Electron
    Country
    United States
    BTW - it will get Track and Autocross use and some DD - 3kmiles a year is plenty for that.

So what is the preferred wheel size from experience , 15/16/17?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Most of the upgrades silver mentioned are for an Atom 2 if you bought one used.

The Atom 3 from TMI will have most of these sorted before you get it. The Atom 3 exhaust is fine. there are safety washers on the rod ends already, The atom 3 supercharger gets to power fine unlike the 2, you can order the high end rod ends right from the factory, etc.

The Atom 3 doesnt have HID headlights, it still has the turn signals (from a land rover) prone to failing over time.

So I would not worry too much about upgrades for now

As for power increases, despite what ever you drive right now (even if it is a multi-thousand horsepower beast) take some time with the Atom on the track with its base power levels. It is a very different car to drive and adding a ton of HP before getting a hang of it will most likely mean eating a wall. And yes we've seen it happen.

Country
    United States
    "So what is the preferred wheel size from experience , 15/16/17?'

It's not so much wheel size as what you plan on wrapping around them.

I have had 15",16",17" and 18" wheels and tires on my Atoms,and for track use,I like 15" wheels and Hoosy gummys... Anything else is a compromise for track in my experience.

V710's and A6's are a good dry weather street/track tire....they won't last long and are terrible in the wet...but pretty good grip for a DOT tire. Lots of sizes available in many rim sizes.

I wonder how a real laced spoked wheel would look on an Atom...
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Most of the upgrades silver mentioned are for an Atom 2 if you bought one used.

The Atom 3 from TMI will have most of these sorted before you get it. The Atom 3 exhaust is fine. there are safety washers on the rod ends already, The atom 3 supercharger gets to power fine unlike the 2, you can order the high end rod ends right from the factory, etc.

The Atom 3 doesnt have HID headlights, it still has the turn signals (from a land rover) prone to failing over time.

So I would not worry too much about upgrades for now

As for power increases, despite what ever you drive right now (even if it is a multi-thousand horsepower beast) take some time with the Atom on the track with its base power levels. It is a very different car to drive and adding a ton of HP before getting a hang of it will most likely mean eating a wall. And yes we've seen it happen.
    Totally agree, 300 SC version will be fine

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    "So what is the preferred wheel size from experience , 15/16/17?'

It's not so much wheel size as what you plan on wrapping around them.

I have had 15",16",17" and 18" wheels and tires on my Atoms,and for track use,I like 15" wheels and Hoosy gummys... Anything else is a compromise for track in my experience.

V710's and A6's are a good dry weather street/track tire....they won't last long and are terrible in the wet...but pretty good grip for a DOT tire. Lots of sizes available in many rim sizes.

I wonder how a real laced spoked wheel would look on an Atom...
    Okay cool, I'll start with a 17" (when ) since it will see AX duty most and I can alwayd get other sets later. I would probably wrap some Nittos initially. Since it wont be a pure track car. but we'll see. But good info to know.

I just finished my cost spreadsheet with different trims - Haven't added the paperwork and shipping costs or driveway/garage modifications but the base with some options I want up front comes to about 24K for the roller only based on section 111 online pricing. I have to get the pricing for engine/ecu/etc

But wondering the base price from TMI is 50K with everything basic

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast