Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List of US Insurance Companies for AA

Electron
    Country
    United States

List of US Insurance Companies for AA

And you guys help with compiling a list of insurance companies that will insure the AA in USA.

If you can post the company - State you are in, annual premium and any restrictions and stuff or if there are no restrictions.

Thank you in advance

Electron
    Country
    United States
    From my research today... Please add to it

Leland West insurance
    Rally insurance
    Classic Insurance (classicins.com)
    Greg His number is 541-482-1921

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Rally is the one that is usually the best bet. They have been insuring Atom's since 06 and know about the car.

Several people have gone with Classic and worked out well.

Leland once told me that they would not, but that was several years ago.

IN 2007 or so I contacted almost every "collector car" insurance company and most either said no or were crazy expensive. So Rally is typically the safe bet

As for big names - USAA, Progressive, state farm. though are hit or miss, Mostly miss.... some people have been successful, others turned down and others had their insurance cancelled. I had Progressive for a while but it was crazy expensive so I went back to rally.

One way or another, insurance is the easy part, registration is the difficult part.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Here is an update:

State Farm has at least one Ariel Atom insured for 5K miles/yr in CA.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Of note, when calling insurance companies (other than Rally) dont mention if another Atom is insured by them. We've had people loose their insurance because someone else said "well, you are insuring so-and-so, why not me?" then the insurance company turns around and cancels the other person's plan.

State Farm said no to me.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Gotcha - will be sure not to do that.

We need more Atoms on the road

Country
    United States
    Here is my guy who insured my 2011 AA3

Jim Doyle
    DRD Insurance
    562-691-0867
    jim@drdinsurance.com

Country
    United States
    I just re-up'ed my Rally insurance and they are giving me a 10% discount for being a paying member of a recognized forum. Since paying here is not mandatory to get into a special area, they do not accept AtomChat, and yes I did argue the point. No special pay area, no discount. Yes, I have given to the forum too and could prove it, it made no difference. They do accept a $20 digital membership to the Good-Guys to save 10% https://www.good-guys.com/join/join-subscribe I do have to wait for my ID card from the Good-Guys to be able to get my discount, I hope it comes with a decoder ring!

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I just re-up'ed my Rally insurance and they are giving me a 10% discount for being a paying member of a recognized forum. Since paying here is not mandatory to get into a special area, they do not accept AtomChat, and yes I did argue the point. No special pay area, no discount. Yes, I have given to the forum too and could prove it, it made no difference. They do accept a $20 digital membership to the Good-Guys to save 10% https://www.good-guys.com/join/join-subscribe I do have to wait for my ID card from the Good-Guys to be able to get my discount, I hope it comes with a decoder ring!

I have my atom club card from the Other forum, I have been receiving the car club 10% discount for 2 or 3 years

Country
    United States
    I didn't mention it as the dues and the savings are about a wash that way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast