Thread: Ariel Atom declared 94th worst car of all time!!!

Neutron
    Country
    United States

Ariel Atom declared 94th worst car of all time!!!

In a case of 'what was John Pearley Huffman smoking?' Pearley? kind of like Sparkly?

Edmunds declares the Atom the 94th worst car of all time calling it the "woman repellent" The "1996" Ariel Atom that is and pictured is the Atom V8. Personally, Id have to agree that the '96 Atom was pretty crappy. The 1997 Atom is where it was at!!

Thus I declare the Inside line's list of 100 worst cars of all time the worst list of all time.

http://www.insideline.com/features/1...nts_sort_form1

Country
    United States
    Hmm.. I have yet to find one woman who disliked my Atom. Especially after a ride! I suppose..if what you really wanted was a Leaf..an Atom surely would disappoint!
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Yeah - Engine bolted to frame, frame bolted to solid seat, balance shafts removed....

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Hmm.. I have yet to find one woman who disliked my Atom. Especially after a ride!
    In my experience, it has been about 100 for, 1 against. My most recent 2 girlfriends both were crazy about the Atom*, and in my drives across the US I've had many, many requests from women to sit in it (often to have their picture taken). I think they're less hesitant to ask to sit in it than guys are. The only negative reaction was from my friend HJ's girlfriend. I let her decide whether HJ or I would give her a drive in the Atom, and she picked HJ. Unfortunately, this was with the first (lurchy) Brammo tune, and HJ wasn't that delicate on the throttle. When she got out of the car, she was decidedly green and declared "I'm never getting in that infernal machine again!".

* And, with the most recent girlfriend, she's crazy about it despite nearly being hit by a snake that was flung up by the passenger front wheel.

Country
    United States
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. Frankly, I'm glad that not everyone likes it. It keeps away the boring people.

All the reasons for it being listed by the author of the article are more reflective of the author than the car. It shows him being ignorant (or at least misinformed) and lacking an appreciation for hard core performance cars.

Country
    United States
    What an idiot. For crowd appeal alone the Atom is the most popular car I have ever seen next to a real UFO.
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Country
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Personally, Id have to agree that the '96 Atom was pretty crappy. The 1997 Atom is where it was at!!

Thus I declare the Inside line's list of 100 worst cars of all time the worst list of all time.
    No, even the 1997 was crap. Anything pre 1999 was likely to fall apart if you spilt the slightest amount of coffee on the napkin.

Now 2000, that was a good year.

I notice the author's title is "Former Fiat 124 Owner" and the writer of the article on Pete's cars was a "Senior Road Test Editor".

Full Test: 2005 Ariel Atom - http://www.insideline.com/ariel/full...riel-atom.html