Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My new Atom turn signal controller (with auto-cancel by steering wheel)

Great solution, mate. Count me in for one, too!

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Just a little progress update on the new turn signal controller-- I have production circuit boards in process now and someone willing to help figure out the best way to mount the sensor on an Atom 3 (or 'other'), so it shouldn't be long now. I shot another bit of video showing the features and a little better look "under the hood" (so to speak) so you can see how it lashes up. It's basically a new switch (with a cable attached), a sensor (that mounts near the steering shaft), and a little black box that runs the show. It includes magnets and the necessary wire. I have some nice braided sleeving that will go over the wiring and stuff. The only real 'new' connection you need to make is to just hook it up to power.

Bear in mind that what I'm showing is still one of the prototypes as far as construction and whatnot goes-- I'll update once I get the "real deal" in.

Country
    United States
    Sweet. Can't wait.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Im in for one. I hate looking like a retard going down the road when 99% of the people on the road are watching

Ion
    Country
    United States

Cool Almost ready!

Progress! The main controller circuit boards arrived as well as my case stickers, so I put one together quick to show off. Still waiting on the Atom 2 'sensor' boards and Atom 3 is after that (waiting for some feedback on how best to mount those).

Anyway, I wanted to show off.

SS_controller.jpgSS_label.jpgSS_pcb.jpg

I'm no graphic artist, but I figured the label looks better than some black and white thing. Could be better, but I have a lifetime supply of them now, so that's what it looks like. Labels are printed on the back of textured polycarbonate, so they're quite tough. It'll be hidden up under the dash anyway, but it might as well look good.

I'll probably have Atom 2 style units for sale by next week. Atom 3 a little later (and anyone that wants to use one on an Ultima or Palatov or something else just contact me and I can get you a 'generic' sensor that you can mount however is appropriate for your particular vehicle of choice).

-Clay

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    wow, that's like an actual product as opposed to the half-assed stuff I do

Country
    United States
    Nicely done!

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    wow, that's like an actual product as opposed to the half-assed stuff I do
    Hahah... Yeah, I have to justify all this equipment around here somehow. I figure if I eventually sell a couple dozen I can say stuff like "over 10% of all Ariel Atom's in the USA use my controller".

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    how much are they going to be again? I might just buy one to support your work

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    how much are they going to be again? I might just buy one to support your work
    I think I said $89 earlier? I'll probably do that for like ~30 days as an "introductory price" to honor what I said and then bump it to $99 thereafter. I changed the design after the first prototype (making the wheel position sensor a separate circuit board attached by a cable) so that raised my costs a bit more than I expected.

If you decide you want one let me know and I can give it to Mr. Rizzo to give to you-- save a few bucks on shipping.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast