Thread: Car Cover Recommendation Anyone?

Kim
    Country
    Denmark

Car Cover Recommendation Anyone?

On occasion my Atom 3 has to spend time outdoors what with the garage full, so I bought an all-season car cover from TMI. It's lasted a season, but the sun has started to wear portions thin and holes are appearing, so I'm in need of a longer-lasting replacement. I've used California Car Covers in the past but they're having trouble finding a template for an Atom with wings fore and aft.

Any recommendations?
    Kim
    2010 Atom 3 #131 - K20R/DBW Stage Two
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather; not screaming and terrified like his passengers."

Country
    United States
    Stick something else outside that has a california car cover?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthChicken View Post
    Stick something else outside that has a california car cover?
    Yeah, if there's serious enough gear to usurp an Atom's place in the garage, there should also be pics of it posted in this thread.
    300hp K20A | "It'll never go, my dears! Not if he's had anything to do with it."

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I'll buy your half dead cover off you for an indoors cover if you're interested
    2011 Ariel Atom Not Supercharged
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I bought an all-season car cover from TMI. It's lasted a season, but the sun has started to wear portions thin and holes are appearing, so I'm in need of a longer-lasting replacement.
    I'm still using my original outdoor cover, though the silver coating has started coming off in large chunks. It still seems to be waterproof, and it has been through a lot of different kinds of weather, every night on each of my cross-country drives. I do have a new cover, but I haven't used it yet.

The only major failure was on one of the plastic latch clips. Fortunately, I was able to find a replacement that fit (the one on the other side is sewn into the strap, so you need a matched set). Lesson learned: When parking the car in a hurricane zone, tie the straps to each other, don't just rely on the clips.

Kim
    Country
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Yeah, if there's serious enough gear to usurp an Atom's place in the garage, there should also be pics of it posted in this thread.
    I'm working with California Car Covers to develop a cover for both winged and non-winged Atoms. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'm going to repair the original cover from Ariel and keep it as a spare. Sorry, Payne.

As for the crowded garage, mind you it's only on occasion that the Atom finds itself out on its own. But once in a while these two want to fight it for space:

What are you going to do?
    Kim
    2010 Atom 3 #131 - K20R/DBW Stage Two
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather; not screaming and terrified like his passengers."

Country
    United States
    I'm working with California Car Covers to develop a cover for both winged and non-winged Atoms. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'm going to repair the original cover from Ariel and keep it as a spare. Sorry, Payne.

As for the crowded garage, mind you it's only on occasion that the Atom finds itself out on its own. But once in a while these two want to fight it for space: [Some Ferrari] [Some Ford]
    Keep the Atom in the garage and make those two fight for space!
    300hp K20A | "It'll never go, my dears! Not if he's had anything to do with it."

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Yeah, I would put the Atom in the garage and leave those two outside

Just throw in some tinker toys to solve minor storage issues!

racks.jpg