Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atom V8 traction control reluctor ring

Neutron
    Country
    United States

Atom V8 traction control reluctor ring

This is the first pic I've seen of how they did the traction control sensors on the V8. You can see the reluctor ring on the inside or the upright with the sensor. I wonder if this is a part that could be purchased separately? I've been thinking about how to add a Racelogic traction control device for the longest time

Country
    United States
    Traction control device....
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    Having used the Racelogic on other cars that didn't have wheel speed sensor. Installing the RL ones wasn't overly difficult. In one case, I took the tone off the back of the wheel studs. Just had to make a mount for the knuckles. 4 teeth isn't ideal but it would work. I did it with 6.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    The studs are accessible on the front but not so much on the back. But this is a nice solution. I bet its some custom made part though

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Traction control device....

Quick pop quiz, which number is Broca's area? And what does it control?

Country
    United States
    Broca's area is ~#7 or #10 and deals with speech. [/google foo]

I agree that if your powerband is fairly linear you should be the mechanism for traction control. Beyond that though adding a little reluctor ring to all the wheels shouldn't be that difficult though would be custom. 4-6 trigger points sounds like it wouldn't have much resolution to reign in the power when you're already sideways.

Is the racelogic TC an ignition cut or fuel cut? It'd be nice if it were both.

Country
    United States
    If your powerband AND your surface are linear. And you don't have any bump steer.

Traction control is a good thing, when its dialed in properly.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthChicken View Post
    If your powerband AND your surface are linear. And you don't have any bump steer.

Traction control is a good thing, when its dialed in properly.
    And you have a normal human reaction time. I think I've gone full throttle on my car perhaps 8 times. And 4 of those where on a dyno. Because know my reaction time sucks and I dont want to rip a corner off on a wall after a blind apex.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post

Is the racelogic TC an ignition cut or fuel cut? It'd be nice if it were both.
    Just ties into the injector harness. needs as few as 4 I think but it prefers an ABS system

Country
    United States
    Pretty soon anyone will be able to plant their ass into a car...voice the command.."Go Fast" and enjoy the ride.

I rather prefer to do the driving..for better or worse. Too many driving aids being added to todays vehicles! If you can't park your friggin vehicle,you don't belong behind the wheel!
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; November 16, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast