Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Atom Across America trip

Country
    United States

Another Atom Across America trip

[Steve - I posted this here rather than carpet-bombing the individual regional forums, since there doesn't seem to be a way to post in the "meta-forums", like United States - West. Feel free to move this if there's a better place for it.]

I'm picking up my Atom from Tom Smurzynski (Central Point, OR) on September 14th. My plan is to take it up to Crater Lake for shakedown, like I did when I first picked it up from Brammo, go back to Tom's if anything needs changing, then head east to Yellowstone. I plan to drive through the various Highway 14's in Bighorn National Forest (America's Stelvio) [yes, this time I'm packing plenty of warm clothing], then diagonally down to Arkansas to pick up some BBQ and wine, then on a not-yet-planned route to the east coast and back to NY.

I'm not going to do the level of detailed planning that I had on my previous trips - if I like a place, I'll stay a few extra days and then move on.

If anybody wants to meet up, post a reply here and we'll sort it out.

CRAP! I'll be travelling that week, or I would have driven to Crater Lake with you!

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    I literally almost died on crater lake so be careful, assholes like to drive too fast on those roads, and when I was up there for the test drive of the atom before I purchased it, some dumbass hauling a trailer full of 4 wheelers was going too fast and his trailer lost traction around a corner and slammed into our car and totalled the rental and shoved us off the road almost into the trees.

if we were in the atom we would be dead.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    I literally almost died on crater lake so be careful, assholes like to drive too fast on those roads, and when I was up there for the test drive of the atom before I purchased it, some dumbass hauling a trailer full of 4 wheelers was going too fast and his trailer lost traction around a corner and slammed into our car and totalled the rental and shoved us off the road almost into the trees.
    I've been up there in the Atom before - see here.

I've selected the dates so that it is after the kids go back to school, and in the middle of the week, so hopefully I'll just have retirees and the independently wealthy to contend with.

Fermion
    Country
    United States

Yahoo

Hello Terry,

Now that I can go longer on my Atom, I would be up to meeting up with you for some Kansas City BBQ here. I can also tag along for short run to keep you company down to OKC or something like that.

Just let me know...

KS

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy View Post
    [Steve - I posted this here rather than carpet-bombing the individual regional forums, since there doesn't seem to be a way to post in the "meta-forums", like United States - West. Feel free to move this if there's a better place for it.]

I'm picking up my Atom from Tom Smurzynski (Central Point, OR) on September 14th. My plan is to take it up to Crater Lake for shakedown, like I did when I first picked it up from Brammo, go back to Tom's if anything needs changing, then head east to Yellowstone. I plan to drive through the various Highway 14's in Bighorn National Forest (America's Stelvio) [yes, this time I'm packing plenty of warm clothing], then diagonally down to Arkansas to pick up some BBQ and wine, then on a not-yet-planned route to the east coast and back to NY.

I'm not going to do the level of detailed planning that I had on my previous trips - if I like a place, I'll stay a few extra days and then move on.

If anybody wants to meet up, post a reply here and we'll sort it out.

Country
    United States
    I've been up there in the Atom before - see here.

I've selected the dates so that it is after the kids go back to school, and in the middle of the week, so hopefully I'll just have retirees and the independently wealthy to contend with.
    Thanks for the pictures Terry. That place looks absolutely amazing. There is a chance that I may be able to caravan with you for a few hours near Arkansas in September.
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ksrimounchanh View Post
    Now that I can go longer on my Atom, I would be up to meeting up with you for some Kansas City BBQ here. I can also tag along for short run to keep you company down to OKC or something like that.
    Why don't you send me an email with a list of the projects you'd like help with - I know you got your fuel pump and some other things sorted out.

Fermion
    Country
    United States

Roger Wilco

Why don't you send me an email with a list of the projects you'd like help with - I know you got your fuel pump and some other things sorted out.
    Roger Wilco

Country
    United States
    The trip has been officially announced (along with the first half dozen or so locations) on my Atom Across America blog.

Country
    United States
    Go Go Terry K!
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast