Thread: Airsoft?

Neutron
    Country
    United States

Airsoft?

Any airsoft owners here? I was looking into these as a gift for my GF's son who is currently turning his life around with the Oregon Youth Challenge http://www.oycp.com/ He's into airsoft and I thought a nice gun would be a good gift when he completed the program.

But the more I research about them the more I want one. Anyone else own any of these?

Country
    United States
    There is an airsoft arena near my place bolus, Jacen and I went there and used the rental guns. Some folks there had some really cool pistols with laser sights on them. He had a lot of fun.

The one problem I had with airsoft was that it was your word against theirs as to who got hit. I found the easiest way to avoid this was to go full auto on folks and make them cry. Then there was no doubt. Of course this only worked on the youngest kids, but it was still very satisfying.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Her son has been to that place and came back with plenty of welts. I think I may just shoot a cardboard target in the garage since Im a little old to have teenagers shooting me with pellets. Though I have to be careful since the neighbors already called the police on us since they saw the laser cat toy and thought I was pointing a sniper rifle at them.

Got this one

airsoft_WE_G39RAS_GBBR_C.jpg

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Im finally an American, Though its only a plastic pellet gun its fully automatic

My 14 yr-old son is saving his allowance for one of these. Lemme know how you like it!

Country
    United States
    My favorite part of the picture is the can labeled "Green Gas". I also saw something I thought was funny this morning, Costco Business Delivery was making a delivery next door and their truck has pictures of all things your business can order. The most prominent thing pictures was a big bag of Huggies. I can't think of the last time my business used Huggies ...

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Haha *evilgrin* fun stuff. we were picking pellets up all over the living room last night. It can puncture cardboard at about 20 feet but doesnt seem that dangerous if wearing proper gear.

the "green gas" is just propane and some silicone lubricant so I'll be changing to straight propane soon since that will be less expensive. Hopefully, Im never firing the gun around an open flame

The gas gives it a bit of kick to better simulate firing a real gun. plus it looks like smoke adding to the realism. But because it is more realistic, the clips only hold 30 pellets. The electric ones (AEG's) hold hundreds. so for a kid an electric one may be nicer if actually going to a airsoft range to shoot at each other .

This thing is heavy too. Probably 10 lbs since it is mostly metal so the 14 year old had a bit of a hard time holding it. But she was still shooting on full auto last night

Besides for the red tip it is very realistic. Im sure I would be shot and tazed if I walked around with this is public

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Oh I also weep for the education system. The green gas can had several spelling mistakes on it. The gun manual had several spelling mistakes, and the scope manual had several spelling mistakes. 3 different companies.....