Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company willing to make custom wheels for Atom.

Fermion
    Country
    United States

Company willing to make custom wheels for Atom.

I have been looking at wheel options, and there arent any to speak of that I have found. So I am talking to a reputable company that makes wheels for exotics.

They have agreed to make me a set and I would like to know if you guys could choose the perfect size combo what would it be? I want the widest possible in the back. What is the largest diameter do you think would work on an Atom?

The smallest they make is a 18", but they can do a custom set of either "17 or 16"

Here are the optional styles, omit the carbon finish, they will be brushed and finished:

http://www.360forged.com/360cf.php

They will be pricey because so much work has to be done, but unless i find something else it would be worth it. $4800 For the set.

Thoughts?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    An easier option might be to replace the hubs with something other than a 4x100 bolt pattern. That would open up tons of other wheel options.

Besides going custom the widest wheel you will find (9in) with the right offset and bolt pattern is either the Team Dynamics wheel or sector111's
    http://www.sector111.com/newest_stuf...hos-wheels.cfm

some guys are running 13" wide formula atlantic slicks on custom wheels but that may be wider than you want for a street tire. The 275's on 9 in wide wheels Im running look huge on the car.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    An easier option might be to replace the hubs with something other than a 4x100 bolt pattern. That would open up tons of other wheel options.

Besides going custom the widest wheel you will find (9in) with the right offset and bolt pattern is either the Team Dynamics wheel or sector111's
    http://www.sector111.com/newest_stuf...hos-wheels.cfm

some guys are running 13" wide formula atlantic slicks on custom wheels but that may be wider than you want for a street tire. The 275's on 9 in wide wheels Im running look huge on the car.
    So you have 17X9s on Back and what on front?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I moved the wheels that were on the back up front. 16x7? I think with the 225 tire.

Here is the 15 on the right, 16 on the front and then a 17X8 behind it

Country
    United States
    We are a dealer for Keizer wheels, and I run them on my 2006 Atom II and my 2011 Atom 3. (different bolt patterns, so they don't interchange between the Atom II and the Atom 3)

I can furnish a set like this- for the Atom 3-

15" diameter front and rear, fronts 8" wide. rears 10" wide, magnesium centers, replaceable rim halves of spun aluminum, and they are VERY light (I think they are about 11# each, but the wheel data files are in my other office)- for $1900. set of four, plus freight.

Eddie
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    Wheel weights-
    Keizer for Atom II- Front 15" diameter, 10" wide,-11.0# Rears 15" diameter, 14" wide!!- 12.5#
    Keizer for Atom 3- Front 15" diameter, 8" wide,-11.0# Rears 15" diameter, 10" wide, 11.0#

My Dymags for Atom II- Fronts 12.6# Rears 13.85#

With the three-piece Keizers, you have the ability to replace just one rim half, in the event of damage. Much cheaper than replacing the whole wheel. They are proudly made in the USA.

Eddie
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Country
    United States
    Second the Keizer wheels. I love mine! Light as a ..feather,but rugged.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Eddie,

Do you have any close-up photos of those wheels? Are there any finish/color options?

Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Here you go-

I don't think they offer color or finish options, but to be honest, I have always thought they were just right as shown, and have never inquired about anything else. I could ask, though- what is your fancy?
    Eddie
    Last edited by FourFather; August 26, 2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Actually, I agree, those look really good as they are! I may be in the market in a couple of months after I do some other mods and will check back with you for sure. Thanks for the great pictures...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast