Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford GT or Gallardo?

Country
    United States
    I'd say the GT40...but having recently driven an R8-GT...I believe I would go for the R8 first. AWD..V10 power(Lambo sourced..),lightweight, and an incredible cockpit! Even a "regular" R8 V10 is quite the ride!

Last edited by MadMaxAtom; July 25, 2011 at 07:18 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    ...I believe I would go for the R8 first. AWD..V10 power(Lambo sourced..)
    Not to be picky, but I was under the impression that the Lambo engines were Audi sourced... hence the recent uptick in their reliability.

Country
    United States
    Right you are,Steve. Found this quote:
    "It uses a 5.2L FSI based on the unit in the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (which in turn was based on the V10 as used in the Audi S8, but is re-tuned to produce a power output of 525 hp.."
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Ion
    Country
    United States
    My vote is 100%, without a doubt for the Ford GT. Though I have not owned a Gallardo, I have owned two Murcielagos with my current being a LP640 Roadster. Though I really like the Lambo, people often ask me which I like better and without hesitation I respond Ford GT! The Ford is a timeless design that's basic shape was designed over 40 years ago and still looks awesome today. They were limited production and are going up in value. On the other hand, I have several friends that have owned many Gallardos and they are excellent cars as well. The maintenance is not a big deal at all. You see more Gallardos and they depreciate big time every year. I would get the Ford GT if you can and I bet you will never sell it. I will always have cars come and go in my garage but the FORD GT always will have a reserved spot in my garage!

Though I am a Ariel Atom newbie, I can certainly put you in touch with some people to locate a good Ford GT or Lambo if you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ub2slow View Post
    Though I am a Ariel Atom newbie, I can certainly put you in touch with some people to locate a good Ford GT or Lambo if you like.
    If you can help me find a nice Heritage I would be VERY appreciative. Not looking for a MSO or super low mileage car because I would actually DRIVE it (oh the shame, eh?)

ben

My vote is 100%, without a doubt for the Ford GT. Though I have not owned a Gallardo, I have owned two Murcielagos with my current being a LP640 Roadster. Though I really like the Lambo, people often ask me which I like better and without hesitation I respond Ford GT! The Ford is a timeless design that's basic shape was designed over 40 years ago and still looks awesome today. They were limited production and are going up in value. On the other hand, I have several friends that have owned many Gallardos and they are excellent cars as well. The maintenance is not a big deal at all. You see more Gallardos and they depreciate big time every year. I would get the Ford GT if you can and I bet you will never sell it. I will always have cars come and go in my garage but the FORD GT always will have a reserved spot in my garage!

and btw, where are you located? I didn't see it in your profile.

ben

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Ben,

I'll call a few of the guys I know and see what's out there. Just like the Atoms, most of us know the background on most of the cars when it come to Ford GTs or other exotics. You asked where I live, I live in the Atlanta area.

Rich

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Id be interested to learn who you have in mind. I know the big one is Shelby with Elite, Then Marv Rose, Then Bernie with BJ Motors.

If I can find the right Ford GT I will jump on it. I am ready to buy now. But I am not going to pay some of the high prices that are floating around. I actually like the White/Blue Stripe color combo which is not at the top of the desired list. So I should find a decent deal.

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by txatom View Post
    Id be interested to learn who you have in mind. I know the big one is Shelby with Elite, Then Marv Rose, Then Bernie with BJ Motors.

If I can find the right Ford GT I will jump on it. I am ready to buy now. But I am not going to pay some of the high prices that are floating around. I actually like the White/Blue Stripe color combo which is not at the top of the desired list. So I should find a decent deal.

Shelby at Elite sells more Ford GTs than anyone in the country so that would be a good place to look. He always has nice cars and is the most knowledgeable hands down. Then I can recommend three other dealerships:

Naples Motorsports, Rob Oteri
    General Manager (very competitive prices on nice cars)
    Cell 239.784.8123

Lamborghini Atalanta,
    Ed Bolian, 770-633-9020 (Ed is a great guys and will search the country to help you find what you are looking for)

Marshall Goldman
    Call RJ Baldwin, 216-831-9191 (I bought my Ford GT here)

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Ive got one on the hook and should be rapping it up tomorrow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast