Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement Battery

Replacement Battery

My original battery needed to be replaced, so I looked into a few options. The battery that was in the car when I got it was a Braille, so if I wanted to stay with them I could have used a B14115 or B2015.

Deka also makes a replacement: DEKA ETX20L.

My local BatteriesPlus carries the XTreme X2-20L, which says it also replaces the following part numbers: 0645480, 21130022, 4011496, 6598990B, 6598997A, 6598997B, 6598997C, CYTX20HLBS, CYTX20LBS, ES20LBS, ETX20L, FAYTX20HL, XTAX20HLBS, YUEM620BH.

However, after reading a few reviews online, I opted for the Odyssey PC680, which was also available at BatteriesPlus. It fits in the Atom perfectly, and weighs under 15 pounds.

Anyone else have any good replacement battery suggestions to share here?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Thanks, I was just wondering how much longer my 5 year old battery is going to last

The carbon fiber batteries from Braille do look AWESOME, but most of the reviews I read state that the Odyssey is the clear winner in this battery size. It also actually fit in the slot better than the Braille, and the bright red top looks cooler.

I paid $148 (because I wanted to drive TODAY!), but I've found them online in the $120s, and that's before shipping.

Plus, one huge benefit of buying a battery from a store is the ability to swap out under warranty.

Country
    United States
    You guys need to drive your cars more... I'm 24k miles and over 4 years into ownership, and my battery works fine. I kill it every once in a while... just push it out of the garage, jump in Dukes style, and pop the clutch and it starts every time

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthChicken View Post
    You guys need to drive your cars more...
    Or get a battery tender, like I did.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    bought a Deka, on my third battery, but now that I have a battery tender I no longer have issues with the battery.

I have a battery tender, and I drive the car, so I'm blaming the previous owner for killing the battery.

It just finally got to the point where the light on the tender would never turn green, meaning the battery couldn't get to fully charged.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    not sure if you have batterys plus locally, but, here it's a nice place to go where they know their batteries, and if you have issues you can get help locally instead of buying on the internet, then after there's a problem all you can really do it start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy View Post
    Or get a battery tender, like I did.
    Nice, Terry. That's the same kind use on the Atom and my Italjet!

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    not sure if you have batterys plus locally, but, here it's a nice place to go where they know their batteries, and if you have issues you can get help locally instead of buying on the internet, then after there's a problem all you can really do it start over.
    +1. That's where I bought the Odyssey.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast