Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Skunkwurx - Buyer beware

Electron
    Country
    United States

Skunkwurx - Buyer beware

As we all know, the Atom community is quite small and I feel compelled to make sure everyone is aware of how unscrupulous Hamid at Skunkwurx is with his business practices. I'll refrain from discussing it further publicly, but happy to discuss what transpired in my case via PM. Suffice to say, think long and hard before purchasing anything from Skunkwurx. I had to dispute a $2,000 charge and sit on pins and needles for 2 months until the credit card company completed its investigation and found 100% in my favor. No different than with any vendor, I strongly suggest you do your research on:

1. Whether or not what he sells is of high quality/well engineered (it is not)
    2. Do your research on how responsive he is, not just to pre-sales questions, but most importantly general post-sales "when things go wrong" responsiveness (not at all)
    3. Do your research on the various names of his company/entities in the UK (not pretty), customer complaints (not pretty), and online posts where customers have had to publicly air grievances because they can't get any response/resolution from Skunkwurx. (Hamid regularly and publicly attacks those people on public forums, which is a massive red flag for any business). One random disgruntled customer I can chalk up to bad luck, but if you dig deep enough, you will find MANY (I know of 2 other customers that were in the middle of similar credit card disputes with Skunkwurx/Hamid at the same time as me). If there are any customer service issues of any kind, he will go radio silent on you, force you to go through your credit card company to get any resolution, and manipulate the facts as much as possible to try to leave you holding the bag.
    4. Be aware that the Ariel.Club forum and Facebook groups are censored heavily by the moderators. Any negative posts about Skunkwurx are immediately deleted, ie the absence of negative posts about Skunkwurx does not mean that they must be well-respected/have a good reputation.

I have purchased hundreds of car parts over the years from dozens of vendors large and small. I have NEVER in my life had to dispute a charge, let alone one as large as $2,000, nor have I ever felt compelled to make negative posts about a vendor. I hope the simple fact that I am posting about this publicly gives you some idea of how important I think it is for the Atom community to be aware of what you are getting into with Skunkwurx. I went through a ridiculous amount of stress and time spent dealing with my Skunkwurx situation and would hate for anybody else to have to go through anything similar.

I hope the Atom community takes my experience to heart and doesn't make the same (potentially VERY expensive) mistake that I did. Feel free to reach out via PM with any questions.
    Last edited by texevora; September 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thank you for posting. This sort of feedback is hard to give but essential.

Country
    United States
    So, how did he rip you, exactly? Did he not deliver a product you ordered? Was there something wrong with it?

Country
    UK
    Texevora (Jason Ko/Doghouse Performance) ordered a wing on a Thursday evening I believe and we shipped it on the Tuesday the following week. He wanted it urgently so we even went out of our way to dro it off at FedEx depot. FedEx attempted to deliver it to him on the Friday same week and he refused delivery having sent emails to cancel the order because the delivery time was unacceptable to him.

It got delivered from the UK to the USA in 3 days.

His shop then refused delivery twice again, and in the meantime he opened a PayPal item not received claim. He also contacted FedEx pretending to be us and instriction them to ship the wing back to us. He then contacted his credit card company and did a chargeback.

In the meantime he had accepted to pay return delivery costs back to us. We advised him if he didn't want the wing, just to accept delivery and send it back as a return by FedEx would cost a lot as we would get charged retail rates.

The chargeback is still open with PayPal. We don't have any control of so whatever his card company have done is between them and him.

Here's the tracking info for the shipment showing FedEX failed delivery 3 times, and him refusing to accept delivery:

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrac...s&locale=en_US

If I really must have to I will post up pictures of all the WhatsApp and email communications.

He needs to accept his responsibility in this and say it how it is rather than tring to make it out he got ripped off.
    Last edited by HamTT; September 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM.
    sector: 4 likes this.
    My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Country
    UK
    The only people that have had issues with us that aren't resolved are Ghulam Hussain (Garmy Hus), Chuong Nguyen, and Jason Ko of Doghouse Performance. All three of these we have tried to resolve and assist, however as a matter of principle won't be held over a barrel and be extorted with threats of negative posts of Facebook or forums.

Ghulam Hussains (Garmy Hus) PayPal dispute was decided in our favour.
    Chuong Nguyens PayPal dispute was decided in our favour.
    Jason Ko/Doghouses' (Texevora/OP) dispute is still open in PayPal as he did a chargeback direct with his credit card company as well.

I'm trying very hard not to let all of this get dirty howver if I'm pushed to it I'll have no option but to write a full and detailed response on our website so people can see with full transparency and the true nature and vindictiveness displayed by these people.
    Last edited by HamTT; September 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM.
    eric likes this.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    Thank you for posting. This sort of feedback is hard to give but essential.

No this sort of feedback is easy to give, especially when you've not got your way.
    What's hard to give it seems is an impartial account of what happened and accepting repsonibility of your own actions.
    sector: 4 likes this.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Thank you for proving my point Hamid.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by texevora View Post
    Thank you for proving my point Hamid.
    The only point that needs to be proven Jason is this:
    https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrac...s&locale=en_US

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HamTT View Post
    No this sort of feedback is easy to give, especially when you've not got your way.
    What's hard to give it seems is an impartial account of what happened and accepting repsonibility of your own actions.
    Seems highly unlikely that in a community as small as this, at any point in time there is a large group trying to "get their way" with you. Maybe getting their way means quality product.

For me, giving negative feedback is hard when I'm trying to support vendors for our small community. But if you think it helps, I can talk about how your fender stays failed at the weld in the first 20 minutes of use.
    texevora likes this.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Its only been good experiences for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast