Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Skunkwurx - Buyer beware

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    This forum stays dead until someone comes out to complain about skunkworx!
    Two very brief comments:

1- I’d like my 20 minutes back.
    2- plenty of first-hand experience buying from them with no issues. Carbon fiber steering wheel is still awesome. Rear wing is still awesome. Communication and Service have been excellent.

Next time you make the wings I could use a couple of spare wingtips. Happy to pay for shipping! Nothing worse than somebody not paying attention and clipping your wing and messing up the tip.

I have made three separate orders over the years and had no issues. I’ll buy more.

Thank you!

Joseph

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    So true, Its to bad it's that way now.

Country
    United States
    Texevora has been a big contributor to this forum. If this forum is dead it's not for his lack of contribution, of which this is one (little appreciated as it is).
    Atommatt likes this.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by jid View Post
    This forum stays dead until someone comes out to complain about skunkworx!
    Two very brief comments:

1- Id like my 20 minutes back.
    2- plenty of first-hand experience buying from them with no issues. Carbon fiber steering wheel is still awesome. Rear wing is still awesome. Communication and Service have been excellent.

Next time you make the wings I could use a couple of spare wingtips. Happy to pay for shipping! Nothing worse than somebody not paying attention and clipping your wing and messing up the tip.

I have made three separate orders over the years and had no issues. Ill buy more.

Thank you!

Joseph
    I've not been on this forum for a while. Between my day job, Skunkwurx, and a personal life I don't have much time to keep up with all the different social media and forum platforms.

I only posted because texevora/Jason Ko/Doghouse actually put a post on the Facebook group with a link to this thread inviting people to contact him so he could carry on trashing us. The link on the Facebook post lead me to this thread. I don't think he realised I had an account and could reply and thought he could get away with saying whatever he wanted unchallenged.

I really don't know what his issue is. He's ordered twice before from us (some other aero stuff and a radiator) and has my cellphone details and was talking to me on WhatsApp when he placed this order.

For some reason when we'd shipped the order he wanted to cancel it, so I told him on receipt just send it back with a local courier for a refund. He then refused the delivery of it 2 days after we had shipped it. In the meantime I notice he put the wing up for sale on here. FedEx then tried to redeliver twice and he rejected the delivery again. He then called FedEx and pretended to be me (as FedEx would only take instruction from the shipper) and asked them to send the item back to us. When I contacted FedEx to try to get this issue resolved they informed that aparently I had already guven them instruction to ship it back to us.

When I informed him of this he agreed to pay the return shipping cost but then contacted his credit card company and did a chargeback on the basis he had not received the product. He had used PayPal with his credit card as funding so we had no direct contact with his Bank/Issuer but updated the tracking details on PayPal, as the parcel was still 'lost' in the system due to his intervention. The parcel eventually got returned to us and we informed him of this and that we were waiting for the FedEx invoice to see how much we had been charged for the extra shipping, and because he had a done a chargeback with his card and not a dispute with PayPal, we had no option within PayPal to issue a refund or partial refund as it had been escalated to "under review" once we had updated the tracking details. The PayPal case is still open as apparently this can take up to 6 months.

He then decided to go post the thing on Facebook with a link to this thread.

Had he just let FedEx and Paypal run its course without the interventions he id, thsi would have been resolved a lot easier and faster a long time ago.

On a seperate note Joseph, glad you're enjoyning the products. We have a lot of new products coming out soon, I have a full time automotive designer working on Ariel stuff now so hopefully the bottleneck that was me has been eased. We can get replacement endplates easily enough, if you send us an email we'll just get some added on with the next shipment coming to us.
    My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123