Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Skunkwurx - Buyer beware

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    Seems highly unlikely that in a community as small as this, at any point in time there is a large group trying to "get their way" with you. Maybe getting their way means quality product.

For me, giving negative feedback is hard when I'm trying to support vendors for our small community. But if you think it helps, I can talk about how your fender stays failed at the weld in the first 20 minutes of use.
    Just like any other manufacturing company, including the factory itself, sometimes things do fail or things do go wrong, in which case we always go above and beyond to rectify the matter.

As far as I am aware you have not been in touch with us about any failed items, however I am more than happy to discuss and resolve any issues you have.

We stand behind our products and if something does genuinely fail we are more than eager to investigate the matter so we can first resolve it for you and secondly go back to our manufacturers or designs and look at any weaknesses or issues to prevent the failure from happening again.

You can send me a WhatsApp message on +44 7976 then 28 then 78 then 98 with the name/email address of your order and a picture of the failed item and I'll get it sorted for you.

FYI. Ghulam Hussain (Garmy Hus) smashed his car at Spa and we even arranged to collect his broken wing so we could inspect it and repair/replace for him even if he had damaged it in an incident and DPD turned up to collect twice and he turned them away.

With Chuong Nguyen unfortunately FedEx smashed the windscreen we shipped to him and we arranged with FedEx to collect but he wanted time to see if he could get a Polycarbonate screen made locally if we could give him a discount. We offered him a discount and he had a month to think about it. We even offered to ship him out a replacement glass. When he said he wanted a refund we arranged FedEx to collect the items again but he refused to pack them up and wanted the couriers to pack them. Even now we are happy to refund him if he packs everything up and we can get FedEx to collect it, but he wants to keep the screen and be refunded too.

Jason Ko/Doghouse (the OP)'s situation is explained above, he refused delivery himself so nothing to do with the product itself. For whatever reason he changed his mind about wnating teh product and him calling FedEx and impersonating to be us (the shippers) is what caused all the issues with FedEx.

If you go back through Facebook and the forums you will find it is just these 3 people that keep instigating each other and escalating.

That's fine, I'm now in the process of writing up the full events with full transparency on the blog on our website so people can see exactly what did happen and decide for themselves who's at fault. That way I won't have to keep repeating myself and will just respond with a link to the blog with the events and facts backed up with evidence.
    My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Country
    United States
    Did a 5 second search on Facebook:
    Stephen W. - front wing "catastrophic failure on the metal plate"
    Fredrik F. - front wing "weld was not completely welded around"
    Last edited by cvjoint; September 29, 2020 at 02:31 PM.

Country
    UK
    Did a 5 second search on Facebook:
    Stephen W. - front wing "catastrophic failure on the metal plate"
    Fredrik F. - front wing "weld was not completely welded around"
    Stephen W. - he bought the wing second hand and had been wobbling for track days before and didn't know the history of it, and openly stated that. The wing could easily have been in an impact before or been damaged in storage and again I offered to have the wing back and to sort him out and wanted to know who he bought it from so we could try to build up a picture of what happened but he did not respond:

"Stephen Wind-Mozley: Skunkworx duel element wing . To be fair it was second hand and I don’t know what sort of a live it had before I got my hands on it.
    Peter Whitbourn Sad to hear that mate, but in all honesty I am not really surprised. That wing has been wobbling around for some time. It was really noticeable on a couple of track days we have done together. Wobbling / vibrations don't help metal over time. In the end the metal will fatigue and fail. I hope no one was endangered in the incident.This is why i would never trust my safety (and that of others on circuit at the same time) to second hand parts of unknown condition. This could have been a BIG crash and someone could have been seriously injured or killed. Glad your obviously OK."

Fredrik F is more than happy with the wing, we shipped that wing to him in August 2016, 4 years ago, and he tracks his car heavily. His wing failed when it gravel at speed. Please use quotes in context as he again clearly states in the same message you extracted that quote from. The quote in context was:

"Fredrik ForssÚn Exact safe thing happends me. I fix it by my self I can show you my solusion later.
    Peter Whitbourn Did yours wobble and shake too before failure?
    Fredrik ForssÚn Peter Whitbourn no not more than usual. I go off light in the gravel and the wing hocked little in the gravel and the mount snapp off.
    Peter Whitbourn Fredrik ForssÚn. Fair enough.
    Hamid MT Peter Whitbourn The shaking you would have seen would have been due to damage already in the bracket. You're correct to say the fatigue from the continuous vibrations and stresses/strains would have eventually lead to a failure and the movement would have been more over time as the fatigue set in. A failure to the bracket in that manner would have require a significant force in the direction perpendicular to the bracket. I'm very interested to find out who the wing was bought from as several people have purchased replacement pleates over the 6 years or so we've been doing these wings.
    Fredrik ForssÚn Hamid MT when I open it, it was the weld who has get broken between the mount and the bottomplate. The weld was not completely welded around.
    Hamid MT Fredrik ForssÚn The wing that you had was the very first Duo Max we shipped out in 2016. The bracket designs have been changed slightly since then but there should have been multiple weld points anyway and teh faiure wuld have happened at the weakest part, which is where the holes are cut for the bars to go across."

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you to see what happened with this bracket.
    eric likes this.

Country
    United States
    Thanais G. front wing - both wing mounts sheared off

Country
    UK
    Thanais G. front wing - both wing mounts sheared off
    Yes that was the ONLY genuine failure we've had in the field, several years ago and we've mentioned this failure in our previous posts several times over the years, and we modified teh bracket design because of it.

And you can ask Thanis yourself if he was happy with how we dealt with the matter or not.

By the way, do you know how many factory wings failed? Do you know how many factory hubs failed and collapsed and people ended up with huge bills fixing them and the factory took no responsibility? Do a 5 second search on thsi forum and you'll soon find out.

The question is not whether things go wrong or not but how we deal with them.

Anyway, still waiting to hear from you and the pics of your failed bracket.

Country
    United States
    20180901_133151.jpg

Stays broke at the weld mid-corkscrew at Laguna Seca, first time out, taking a chunk out of the stay pipe with it. Fenders came pitted with lots of holes in them. The slide in design on the rear stays did not look safe to me, as the stays vibrate they loosen and can fly off.

Country
    UK
    20180901_133151.jpg

Stays broke at the weld mid-corkscrew at Laguna Seca, first time out, taking a chunk out of the stay pipe with it. Fenders came pitted with lots of holes in them. The slide in design on the rear stays did not look safe to me, as the stays vibrate they loosen and can fly off.
    Can you send me the order details or the name on the order via WhatsApp please. Also was this picture taken immediately after the incident? The nut holding down the rod-end in the rear of the picture looks loose and off the top of my head it is this same nut that screws in to the stay at the bottom, so if this was loose then teh stay would have been shaking about.

With regards to the rear stays we've never had this issue but you can always use anti-slip washers to make extra sure. These stays were designed so they could be removed without having disasseble the hub, so people could drive them on the road and on the track take them off if they wanted to without too much effort.

If you can pack up this stay (or all of them if you aren't using them) and send me the order details I'll get FedEx to collect. As alwasy I'm eager to inspect the failure and try to fgure out what happened. We can refund or replace them for you, whatever you prefer.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HamTT View Post
    Texevora (Jason Ko/Doghouse Performance) ordered a wing on a Thursday evening I believe and we shipped it on the Tuesday the following week. He wanted it urgently so we even went out of our way to dro it off at FedEx depot. FedEx attempted to deliver it to him on the Friday same week and he refused delivery having sent emails to cancel the order because the delivery time was unacceptable to him.

It got delivered from the UK to the USA in 3 days.

His shop then refused delivery twice again, and in the meantime he opened a PayPal item not received claim. He also contacted FedEx pretending to be us and instriction them to ship the wing back to us. He then contacted his credit card company and did a chargeback.
    Wow. Thanks for filling us in and telling it like it is, lol.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Believe who you will, folks, I think people's true colors are showing through here. Visa went through all the FACTS (including the second FedEx tracking # that Hamid is conveniently not posting) and ruled in my favor. I'm moving on with my life.

On a side note, Doghouse Performance has nothing to do with this. They are my local shop, and they do superb work and are universally loved by the racing community here. They are honest, trustworthy people and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anybody in need of race car prep at a reasonable price.

Enjoy the rest of the week all and stay safe. Hope to see you out on track!

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by texevora View Post
    Believe who you will, folks, I think people's true colors are showing through here. Visa went through all the FACTS (including the second FedEx tracking # that Hamid is conveniently not posting) and ruled in my favor. I'm moving on with my life.

On a side note, Doghouse Performance has nothing to do with this. They are my local shop, and they do superb work and are universally loved by the racing community here. They are honest, trustworthy people and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anybody in need of race car prep at a reasonable price.

Enjoy the rest of the week all and stay safe. Hope to see you out on track!
    Haha oh yeah, moving on with your life now the facts are coming out whilst only a couple hours ago you moving on with your life involved asking people to contact you so you spread further false information?

As as I said, whatever happened between Visa and you is between you and them, and yes the wing did eventually come back to us which we told you about and we told you we were waitong to see how much FedEx had billed us for the return, that you had AGREED to pay. The PayPal chargeback is still open, our only communication has been with them and not with Visa.

And Doghouse are wholly involved in this. Thir address is:

Doghouse Performance
    9018 Performance Ct
    Suite 100
    Cresson, Texas, 76035
    United States

This is the same address details as youo (with your name Jason Ko at the top) and where you refused delivery at ,and where FedEx attempted to deliver to twice again but were refused.

So as the order was placed on the name Jason Ko/Doghouse Performance, for all intent and purposes that's who placed teh order.
    sector: 4 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast