Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By argonaut

Thread: SRA Oil Cooler Temperature and Pressure

Country
    United States

SRA Oil Cooler Temperature and Pressure

Has anyone logged oil temperature going into or out of the oil cooler? Or pressure for that matter?

My SRA/Cup Car factory oil cooler appears to read very low oil temps ~100F(38C) when the oil at the filter is ~200F(93C). I'm afraid there is not enough pressure in the heat exchanger. If this sucker works, it doesn't work that well you know. The max I've seen at the oil cooler is 130F, there is no way it works that well. Most likely there is very little oil going into it and i'm wondering if all SRAs are like this or mine has an issue.

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I have a temp sensor mounted to the outlet of the oil cooler (the return line). I see temps between 200-225 pretty consistently. My oil cooler fan kicks on at 220 and I see it lite up a couple times per session (I have a light on dash that tells me when fan is on). I don't know what the oil temp into the cooler is however so don't really know how well it works. I can say that I never see temps above about ~225 which is pretty reasonable.
    cvjoint likes this.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
    I have a temp sensor mounted to the outlet of the oil cooler (the return line). I see temps between 200-225 pretty consistently. My oil cooler fan kicks on at 220 and I see it lite up a couple times per session (I have a light on dash that tells me when fan is on). I don't know what the oil temp into the cooler is however so don't really know how well it works. I can say that I never see temps above about ~225 which is pretty reasonable.
    That suggests my oil cooler is broken. For some reason there is little oil flowing through it. Your numbers are what I would expect from a well running heat exchanger and means the TMI routing from factory is done right.