Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2007 Ariel Atom 2 FOR SALE. DDMWorks kit 500 horsepower

Country
    United States
    There's no redline indicated on the SPA Kitdash. There's a rev limiter, but no indicated redline.

You can't drive a 3,000 lb. car with an Ecotec and conclude that the same engine in a 1,350 lb. car will feel the same. Accelerating in an Ecotec-powered Atom 2 is like driving a car with a 700 bhp big-block V8. There's no lack of torque. Rolling in first gear at 1,000 rpm you can press the throttle and the car will rip through first gear in about 1 second flat. The torque of the Ecotec-powered Atom 2/300 is superior to that of the 3S.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sector: 4 View Post
    There's no redline indicated on the SPA Kitdash. There's a rev limiter, but no indicated redline.

You can't drive a 3,000 lb. car with an Ecotec and conclude that the same engine in a 1,350 lb. car will feel the same. Accelerating in an Ecotec-powered Atom 2 is like driving a car with a 700 bhp big-block V8. There's no lack of torque. Rolling in first gear at 1,000 rpm you can press the throttle and the car will rip through first gear in about 1 second flat. The torque of the Ecotec-powered Atom 2/300 is superior to that of the 3S.
    Second this. People just don't get it. 1st gear is practically unusable if you're on it as before you know it you're shifting or letting off because you're spinning the rear tires.

The ecotec was a joy to drive in my old Atom, very predictable and power throughout. I really enjoyed it.
    2/3rdsCobra and sector: 4 like this.

Fermion
    Country
    United States

you have driven both to know this?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanhiggins2002 View Post
    you have driven both to know this?
    No, I have not driven both. I know somebody who owned an Atom 2 for about 10 years then sold it and bought a brand-new 3S. He told me he the 3S didn't seem to accelerate as hard on the track as his old Atom 2 and required more shifting, and I believe him. Trust me, the Ecotec provides plenty of torque for a 1,350 lb. car.

How many Atoms have you driven, exactly?
    Last edited by sector: 4; September 16, 2019 at 08:26 PM.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    No, I have not driven both. I know somebody who owned an Atom 2 for about 10 years then sold it and bought a brand-new 3S. He told me he the 3S didn't seem to accelerate as hard on the track as his old Atom 2 and required more shifting, and I believe him. Trust me, the Ecotec provides plenty of torque for a 1,350 lb. car.

How many Atoms have you driven, exactly?
    Just 2 different ecotechs :/

Thank you for the information as it is helpful.

Country
    United States
    2 Ecotecs. No Atoms.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    My Ariel Atom 2 is still for sale. Lowering price to $49,000. Atom is registered in Tennessee. No visible redline on the tachometer. 615-708-3922 is my cell.
    FrankRizzo and sector: 4 like this.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Both ariel atoms with eco power plant

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    what do you drive now?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanhiggins2002 View Post
    I have driven a few eco motors and they redline before or a 6k. its like driving a v8 but without the huge torque.
    So you're saying you've driven 2 Ecotec-powered Atoms and they felt like they lacked the torque of a V8 car? Are you KIDDING me now? The Atom 2 will out-accelerate a V-12 Mclaren F1 and stay with a W-16 quad-turbo Bugatti Veyron or a V-8 2019 Corvette ZR1 to 60 mph.

A 300 bhp Atom 2 will spin it's tires all the way to 60 mph. That's why Atom 3's don't get to 60 any faster. You can't do that without monster torque. Maybe you weren't pushing the throttle.

I drive an Atom 2/300, among other things.
    Last edited by sector: 4; September 20, 2019 at 05:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast