Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do I need to remove dash and windscreen to access the brake fluid reservoir?

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Both myself and a fellow SRA owner can run 2 full 30 min sessions (60 mins total track time) without refueling. The last time I did this i believe I used about 6-7 gallons, and I believe the stock SRA tank is ~10 gallons, which I would think is identical to the 3S tank.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by texevora View Post
    Both myself and a fellow SRA owner can run 2 full 30 min sessions (60 mins total track time) without refueling. The last time I did this i believe I used about 6-7 gallons, and I believe the stock SRA tank is ~10 gallons, which I would think is identical to the 3S tank.
    Correct- the 3S tank is 40 liters or 10.5 gallons. I appreciate the input- there is a gas station close enough that I could run out after every 2nd session for a refill. That said, having the extra cans would make it easier. I already mentioned to the wife how the jugs also fit into hurricane preparedness, so I think I have justified the purchase

I do wonder about where the hell I would put the jugs if I drove them there in just the atom itself. Homestead is close to my house. But for PBIR and Sebring, I think I will really need to buck up and get a trailer. Just need to refresh my memory on how much my kidneys are worth on the black market

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I wouldn't run more than two sessions on a tank - its surprising how much gas you go thru. I ended up buying 4 five gallon jugs and usually top off after every session.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Country
    United States
    That took a turn for the literal! I meant a lot of cars get advertised to run reliably on track until the fuel runs out. The Atom can do it, no need to take breaks to cool down pads, rotors, brake fluid, tires, coolant, oil, trans fluid, or what have you. I've run two HPDE open passing groups back to back before, the car needs no break in between. My last track car would run oil, trans fluid, and sometimes even coolant temp higher and higher without ever reaching a steady state. I would run cool down laps and never more than a session even if I had fuel for two (I didn't, it would gulp down 10.5gallons/20 mins).

I run 2 sessions (up to 25 min) and refill, never a third in case the fuel pump can no longer work as low fuel sloshes about. Time attack sessions use less fuel because we get a warm up lap under pace car. I also run less fuel in morning sessions or on cold days because I can't give it the beans as much. I suppose I can run three in those conditions.

SRA I want to say holds about a fraction of a gallon less due to baffling of the tank/rollover protection than the Atom 3/3S.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
    I wouldn't run more than two sessions on a tank - its surprising how much gas you go thru.
    Even more-so with E-85... It's pretty easy to go through a full tank and 4 jerry cans at a long track day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12