Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SRA - data/numbers to keep an eye on on track?

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by texevora View Post

While I know hubcentric rings aren't required, does anyone know what the stock SRA hub diameter is? 949 has hubcentric rings available in 56.1, 56.6, 57.1, and 59.1.
    I have this written in my notes from when I measured them: the hub is : 61mm near hub face then quickly ramps down to 56.5 as you move towards ends of lugs

I think you will want the 56.6 rings - they should have a chamfer in them that will account for the '61 mm near hub face'

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Today was a GREAT day at the track with my SRA, while it was technically my 3rd day driving the car on track, it was a day of many firsts:

* first time with the pedals properly adjusted to my height or lack thereof (before I was having to reach)
    * first time with no lockups
    * first high speed spin (but stayed on track, thankfully)
    * first time the ambient temperature was above 60 degrees F
    * first time i beat my previous best time in my Lotus Evora S (and I know there is a LOT i left on the table). Improvement versus previous day was over 4 seconds.

Still on my original set of BFG R1S's (6 heat cycles total to date), but have a set (4) of 15x9 949 6ULs with 205/50/R15 Hoosier R7 fronts and 23x9.5R15 Hoosier FA rears for when they get used up. Unfortunately 949 is sold out of 15x11s, which i was planning on using for the rears, and won't be back in stock until later this year.

My input smoothness is getting better, which is helping a lot with keeping the car balanced, but still could use improvement. I'm finding i'm having to remap my brain as far as confidence of how much ultimate traction I have (ie, a lot) when the car is planted and fully on the throttle coming out of turns. I caught myself giggling out loud the first few times I discovered that next level of grip.

I always thought my Lotus was as good as it got as far as road feel and unfiltered feedback, but the Atom puts it to shame. I'm honestly kind of shocked at the level of fun per dollar that this car delivers, and that tracks aren't crawling with dozens of these at every event. I got smoked by some GT2RS's today, but there is no way in hell they are having as much fun as the open-cockpit experience of the Atom drivers.

Best purchase ever. I can't wait to get back to the track in 2 weeks.
    SteveTheMechanic likes this.

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Sounds pretty awesome. A spin or 2 seems to be a right of passage with these things. Where are you located?

With the rear weight bias it is amazing how you can accelerate out of turns. I use to marvel at 911s for the same reason - get the weight transferred to the rear and just GAS it.

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    I'm in the DFW area of Texas.

Country
    United States
    Time to update the original post as I've added yet another set of wheels in the mix! Really excited to try this tire. It's the newest A7 in the Hoosier family. A real beast at 295 section wide but only 23" tall. I joined Time Trials comp last track day and it was a pain to get the 355" wide rears up to temp fast enough to keep my grid position. Without holding the grid position it's really hard to put down a fast lap as we reach the slower cars by lap 3 and there is no clean lap left in it. I switched my Formula Atlantic front on the rear and ran the 225 section wet up front. I was more competitive given the low ambient temps and no time to heat up tires.

New: 15" wheel x 11" wide rear Keizer - 295 section Hoosier A7
    15" wheel x 10" wide front Keizer - Formula Atlantic front from Hoosier or Avon
    15" wheel x 14" wide rear Keizer - Formula Atlantic rear from Hoosier or Avon
    15" wheel x 7" wide front stock - 205 section Hoosier H20
    15" wheel x 7" wide rear stock - 225 section Hoosier H20 (there are two versions based on different diameter, I don't know which one I have)

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    @cvjoint, what is the offset on your 15x11 Keizers? Also, would you mind sharing how to order them (price, distributor, model #, etc). There is very little information on the Keizer website.

Country
    United States
    @cvjoint, what is the offset on your 15x11 Keizers? Also, would you mind sharing how to order them (price, distributor, model #, etc). There is very little information on the Keizer website.
    Working on that right now. Eddie used to be the distributor, I'm not sure we have one going forward. I'm talking to Keizer directly, taking measurements, and hopefully getting some input from Eddie still. Price is $500 a piece. Model number is Kosmo.

Country
    United States
    I now have received the wheels and used them two trackdays. They clear the brakes perfectly. Send me your email if you want a set and I will forward you the measurements I used and the Keizer contact info.

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    PM'ed

Country
    United States
    PM'ed and emailed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast