Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Atom 4 now released in the US

Country
    United States

Atom 4 now released in the US

For those that were wondering, like me, why it has only been released outside the US:
    https://www.arielna.com/arielatom-4

Very few differences from the world wide model, shocks/springs, windscreen, and brakes options only for US.

Starts at $74,750. By my calculations that's 59,382 British pounds, a tad more than the 40,000 pounds Ariel UK is asking for one.
    06Arielatom and 2/3rdsCobra like this.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Wish the US had the same pricing. I could do away with all the extras and get a bare bones one for $50k.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Country
    United States
    The $75k entry price is going to make it way more exclusive. Performance/dollar is similar to Atom 3 but the Atom 3 had more affordable entry. I'm not betting on seeing them at the track anytime soon.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    I like how they are exclusive but 50% markup from the UK version for a windscreen, bigger brakes, and a few more things is a bit much. But I haven't driven it, maybe it is a completely transforms car warranting the big price difference.

Country
    United States
    I'm always impressed at how much people are willing to spend on brakes for an Atom. I'm using 11"/278mm rotors on track and I got the widest stickiest tire money can buy. The rotors and pads last forever. As far as I can tell any entry level brake system is fine for even the most hardcore driver, either UK or US spec.

It's not that I'm not tough on brakes either. On my last car I'd use up a whole set of CCB rotors in 8 track days and crack a 15.5" floating iron in 10 track days. The Atom will double that easily with a Miata sized iron rotor.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    The $75k entry price is going to make it way more exclusive. Performance/dollar is similar to Atom 3 but the Atom 3 had more affordable entry. I'm not betting on seeing them at the track anytime soon.
    I think my original purchase price was like $42k for the atom 2 I used equivalent upgrades to price match an atom 4 and it's $92k lol

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    I think my original purchase price was like $42k for the atom 2 I used equivalent upgrades to price match an atom 4 and it's $92k lol
    I'm sure there is a bit more content in the new one, but the engine cost for example, is not that much more than that of a Civic SI engine from previous gens. A Miata went from $21k to $25K over the same period as from Atom 2 to Atom 4. The entry level Vette has also gone up by a fairly small percentage.

I would say use the cheaper turbo 4 from Honda for the entry level Atom 4, but I'm not sure there is more than a few thousand $ between the two engines in cost.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    You need to factor in 13 years of inflation. Besides, Brammo was giving the cars away at or below cost. They stopped building them because they weren't making any money.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I purchased my first Atom in 2012 for 56k (k24 non supercharged). Atom 4 with similar specs is 76k (standard with turbo now).

Not sure how that equates with inflation, or if I even care....but I'm sure tempted to order one...

Anybody on this forum order one yet, or thinking about it?

Country
    United States
    I am not considering an Atom 4. There's no "No-Windscreen" option for one.

Quote Originally Posted by sector: 4 View Post
    You need to factor in 13 years of inflation.
    In my case there's still a >$15,000 difference in what my original Atom cost plus 13 years' worth of inflation compared to a base model Atom 4. That's a lot of tires, fuel and track fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast