Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hello Everyone

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 9and3 View Post
    I am confused, what is the point of louvered fenders on an open wheel car?
    Fender lift is the only advantage. Air does get under the fenders and create lift and if the louvers are high enough they release that pressure, but, really they are for looks

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Fender lift is the only advantage. Air does get under the fenders and create lift and if the louvers are high enough they release that pressure, but, really they are for looks
    I went out back to back at Laguna Seca Skunkwurx modified 295 front 355 back fenders vs. no fenders. It was about a second difference. Most obvious was the breaking zone to turn 2, there were winds running counter to the car's direction and the front lift was really bad. Louvers would probably cut that second in half.

Country
    United States
    Thanks for the real world data. Unfortunately it is getting into the don't run time of the year here, so, I can't test. My printing issues were figured out too late in the year. I am curious though on the fenders and the fairings on my car and what they actually do

Country
    United States
    Thanks for the real world data. Unfortunately it is getting into the don't run time of the year here, so, I can't test. My printing issues were figured out too late in the year. I am curious though on the fenders and the fairings on my car and what they actually do
    If you rework the fender stays as well my input is to beef up the mount that uses the steering rod bolt. It adds little to no structural support for the front fender compared to the arm that bolts to the hub. I broke the welds on the hub mounted fender stay arm. It broke the tube at the weld too. Perhaps a weak weld, but the tube was fully welded. I don't know how you would beef it up though, maybe the tab is too thin on mine.

Country
    United States
    There was a quick release system available for a very short time a number of years ago using the stock stay mounts. Get to the track and remove the fenders, slick and easy. At this point, I don't remember who offered it. I wish that I had jumped on it though and it is a needed product.

Country
    United States
    There was a quick release system available for a very short time a number of years ago using the stock stay mounts. Get to the track and remove the fenders, slick and easy. At this point, I don't remember who offered it. I wish that I had jumped on it though and it is a needed product.
    Skunkwurx was it. They have slotted mounting plates on the back. No way I'd run those on track, they just aren't safe. I had a few metal plates water cut and welded to close up the slots. If the fenders get loose they slap around and may touch the frame but they won't just fly off the car like they could with the slots. It requires that I remove the wheel to install the fender but that's worth the peace of mind.

Country
    United States
    I was thinking of a system that definitely pre-dated Skunkwurx. I must be blind in both eyes as I am not seeing them on his site though

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Hi again everyone, we recently did a set of rear lights for a customer (wjs26) in California and are working on two styles of diffusers.

P.S Are there specific rules surrounding the advertising of products that I should be aware off? TIA.
    Last edited by EXLONDONER; October 1, 2018 at 09:38 PM.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12