• 1 Post By cvjoint
  • 1 Post By 2/3rdsCobra

Thread: I'm off

n00b
    Country
    UK

I'm off

Hello, chaps!

Although I don't spend too much time on this forum (or the other one these days, for that matter), I often lurk and see what you guys are up to.

Anyhoo... (as I believe you say in America)

Far too often these days, I find myself on twisty roads saying 'I'm too old for this shit', despite not being a character in an 1990's action movie. So I'm selling up and retiring from Atom ownership. Not that this'll mean much to most of the relative newcomers, but to those of you whom I have met, it's a sad time.

One of the greatest things about owning an Atom is the people you meet, and - especially at AtomFest - I met some of the nicest people around. I will miss you guys, but hope to come back to the States very soon and will likely drop in on one or two of you.

After 17 years of continuous ownership and founding the Owners' Club and having an absolute blast, it's goodbye from me.

Drive fast, but drive safe.

Country
    United States
    Bruce, thank you for what you have done for the Atom community over the years. It is sad to see people go though

Country
    United States
    Good to have you for as long as it was. I read one of your threads on Atoms through time. Great read!

Country
    United States
    Bruce, You were always larger than life in the Ariel community, and it was educational. informative, and entertaining, to get to know you a bit at AtomFest. I may be the last of the Atomites that was there and still driving Atoms.

I did talk to CalScot just days ago when he bought some Dymags from me and he is going to get his Atom going again.

I haven't seen Randy for some time, and I dearly miss all the fun sessions he and I had at Hallett learning to get around the track.

I became an Atom dealer and have sold twenty eight of them, but I have recently moved into a Pro Formula Mazda, and as of now not planning to continue racing my last Atom, or working/selling as much as I have been. So once I sell my last Atom, I reckon I'll be gone from the Atom community also.

It is a shame that most of the current Atom owners did not get to experience the magic of AtomFest- What a blast we had!

Anyway, thanks for all you did for the Atom community, and hope you continue to enjoy life in good health and good company.

Sincerely,

Eddie FourFather Hill
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    I would have loved to attend this event. It sounds very similar to the annual fall MRLS (Miatas at Mazda raceway Laguna Seca) event sponsored by Mazda. The 25th anniversary of the Miata was where Mazda debuted the ND and it had well over 5000 participants with people coming to the event from all areas of the globe. It was such a special event and I was very fortunate to be part of it. In the US, the Atom may not have the support of a major auto manufacturer but if an event was put on, I would make every effort to attend.
    Last edited by 2/3rdsCobra; February 28, 2018 at 11:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 2/3rdsCobra View Post
    I would have loved to attend this event. It sounds very similar to the annual fall MRLS (Miatas at Mazda raceway Laguna Seca) event sponsored by Mazda. The 25th anniversary of the Miata was where Mazda debuted the ND and it had well over 5000 participants with people coming to the event from all areas of the globe. It was such a special event and I was very fortunate to be part of it. In the US, the Atom may not have the support of a major auto manufacturer but if an event was put on, I would make very effort to attend.
    Does that mean I would have to wash my Atom? If so, I ain't in on it. Weight losses be damned The Beast shall never be washed.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    Does that mean I would have to wash my Atom? If so, I ain't in on it. Weight losses be damned The Beast shall never be washed.
    LOL Nope, the rat rod look is in vogue.
    cvjoint likes this.