Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2/3rdsCobra

Thread: Need lucrative cracked rotor solution

Country
    United States

Need lucrative cracked rotor solution

On my way to track but have a cracked rotor. Any chance an oem rotor fits? Maybe a miata piece?

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Wished I knew. You have the wilwood rotors?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 06Arielatom View Post
    Wished I knew. You have the wilwood rotors?
    Yes. Couldn't find replacement. Shucks

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    On my way to track but have a cracked rotor. Any chance an oem rotor fits? Maybe a miata piece?
    Don't believe you'll get them prior to the track day you're attending but I've used these guys for new friction rings for my uber expensive (not worth the cost IMHO) Racing Brake 2 piece rotors on my previous track car. They can build you just about anything you want.

Custom Products – You Dream It, We Build It
    cvjoint likes this.

Country
    United States
    I needed a stock rotor that auto parts stores have in stock. I was basically on track in a few hours.

FYI if anyone is stuck with a cracked rotor I believe a 2002 Miata with Sport package has a stock 11" rear rotor that should fit our Wilwood brake system. No one had it in stock but maybe other autoparts store are better than the ones by Thunderhill Raceway/Chico. I also found out there is a 949 Racing Wilwood big brake kit with 11" rotor that will fit on our Wilwoods. I looked at every Miata on track and they all ran smaller than 11" rotors, almost all stock. So there are options if we're in a pinch as long as there are good auto parts stores around.

I ordered the Wilwood rotors when I got home. FYI again, no one stocks them, they must come straight from Wilwood.

Good news is that they are super cheap. Buy them ahead of time not like me. There is no reason not to have spares.

Quote Originally Posted by 2/3rdsCobra View Post
    Don't believe you'll get them prior to the track day you're attending but I've used these guys for new friction rings for my uber expensive (not worth the cost IMHO) Racing Brake 2 piece rotors on my previous track car. They can build you just about anything you want.

Custom Products €“ You Dream It, We Build It
    I think a good idea would be to find out which are the smallest CCB brakes on OEM cars and fit them on the Atom. The CCBs were really amazing on my C7 Z, but in that 3,500lb application they only lasted 8 track days. One rotor cost $750 which is what I just paid to replace all rotors and pads on Atom and I expect 25 track days out of the fronts alone.

Edit: I looked around a bit, doubt any CCBS are made smaller than 350mm which is way too large for our application. In that size they're much heavier than our stock steel rotors and would require larger wheel/tire combo. Maybe those guys can make custom 275mm CCBs? haha
    Last edited by cvjoint; February 27, 2018 at 04:07 PM.