Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sector: 4

Thread: Wreck waiting for next victim

Country
    United States

Wreck waiting for next victim

This was on eBay for a few days...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/142666077712?...app-cvip-panel

For sale is a 2006 Ariel Atom that has been hit in the rear. Its damaged as shown in the pictures. If you are unfamiliar with these cars they sell anywhere from 40-70k dollars used and over 100k new. My plans for the car were to cut the frame right before the damage at the firewall, weld in tube bungs and re create a rear engine cradle and suspension structure that was modular and bolt on but otherwise identical to the factory setup. Everything is here so repairing this car to get it back on the road or track using existing components and all brackets and tabs from the existing chassis should be an easy task for a qualified fabricator/hobbyist, and if not should not be unaffordable to be professionally repaired by a shop with vision and ability. Long story short. here is your chance to own and drive an Ariel Atom for half price. This atom had the supercharged ecotec, 310 hp i believe and the 6 speed transmission. It does come with a salvage title from california, which means it was street legal to drive and if repaired properly should be street legal again. If your intention is build a race only car than none of that matter. Again damage is as shown, primarily centered in the rear, but there is some hard to see damage on the bodytub which should to be easy to repair.

Paperwork wise, I have never transferred the salvage title into my name, so you will receive all my sale documents plus a bill of sale, i have been meaning to get my dealers license for some time now. This spring I will do it. If you require and help down the road i will provide it to the best of my ability, but any paperwork transfer fees or costs or taxes will be paid for by the buyer as im selling this as a project or for parts. Please ask any questions you may have and offer away.

I love this part:

"Everything is here so repairing this car to get it back on the road or track using existing components and all brackets and tabs from the existing chassis should be an easy task for a qualified fabricator/hobbyist, and if not should not be unaffordable to be professionally repaired by a shop with vision and ability."

"It does come with a salvage title from califoria"

Lmao! Waiting for my stalker cvjoint to school me on auto repair and tell me I'm wrong, lol...

4.jpg6.jpg5.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    Last edited by sector: 4; January 26, 2018 at 10:52 AM.
    06Arielatom likes this.