Thread: Skunkwurx fenders for 245/350 section tires??

Country
    United States

Skunkwurx fenders for 245/350 section tires??

Moving to 15x10" wheels up front with 245 section tire and 15x14" wheels out the back with 350 section tire.

The widest Skunkwurx sells is 295, I will just have to modify it to fit 350 section tire.

Can I get a 245mm "rear" fender and use it with the front brackets?

If anyone has the ability or a solution to properly mold the 295mm into a 350mm let me know. I was just going to lay some fiberglass myself, which ends up looking second rate.

Cheers

ejo
    Country
    United States
    Are you going to use the 350's for drag racing. Honestly I think a 350 is too wide for the track.

Country
    United States
    Road course. No such thing as too wide!

ejo
    Country
    United States
    On a road course you have a point of diminishing returns. Especially on a low horse power car. I just purchased a set of rear 949 6UL 15x11 but won't go above a 295 for the reasons I stated before. If you have different results please let me know, I'm interested in the results.

Country
    United States
    If I could go through the bends without lifting off the throttle I'd say sure. I'm far from that. Mechanical grip is king in my book, fast everywhere, shorter braking distances and so on. With aero you gain on the bends and lose it on the straights, good tires are fast everywhere.

Even if you were to go to narrower wheels, the best compounds and tire carcas for road course are in the wheel widths I'm getting.

I've driven production cars on track and I could only dream of not having fenders so I can go as wide as I could and of having the softest compounds without overheating them. In the Atom it is where it all becomes possible.

I wouldn't say 230hp is low power. When other open wheel and dedicated race car drivers come chat with me on the paddock it's usually the case that I have more power... Compared to motorcycle engines, or just about any naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine used in race cars, the Honda K24 is powerful and big on torque. Next season I'm going to add 7lbs of boost in the equation. The head flows so well and the internals are so strong on the K series Hondas that it would be a waste not to boost a little.

ejo
    Country
    United States
    Are you running the K20 or K24? the K24 head doesn't flow nearly as well as the K20 and the exhaust manifold being integrated into the head really sucks on the K24. The 230hp number is to the flywheel so we're only really getting about 195, maybe 200 to the wheels if we're lucky. I purchased a spare ECU from TMI and tuned on one of them. I get 223hp and 190tq to the wheels on that tune. I switched back to the stock ECU at NJMP Lightning course last week and for some reason it actually felt faster. Go figure. I have been racing Honda's and Acura's for the past 10 years, mostly with a Civic EG with a B18C swap but I also run an Integra Type R with a K20R swap. We are limited to tire width due to the rule set and by what will fit under the fender. My 949 6UL's will be delivered on Monday but I will have to wait until next spring to get on track with them in the Atom. I was contemplating getting a rear wing but like you, I want to get as much mechanical grip out of the car before I do that. Good luck with the 350's, and again, let me know how they work, I might have to spring for some wider rims in the future.

Country
    United States
    K24, this is the sealed unit/ecu that comes with SRA. People talk a lot of smack about the K24z7, but in practice how much less power does it make than the K20z7 head and header combo? 5hp? It's a bit ridiculous. I've seen some head flow comparisons and the K24 actually flows more on the intake and less on the exhaust valves (or the other way around) and overall it's pretty close. Then you have to factor in torque, while the K24 may flow a bit less on top it likely has more midrange flow and on road course could be dead even. In the Honda world people live or die by 1HP differential, and for the most part it's just peak HP that folks care about. I'm not too flustered about the K24 vs K20 part difference, they are more alike than different. If I had any preference at all it would be the F20C, to hear it rev out to 9krpm and to hold 14psi on stock internals.

The max tire width rules make my point precisely! Almost any sort of racing limits tire width to even the competition. Given the choice just about any racer would go wider.