Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Officially, I'm a new Atom 2 owner

Country
    United States

Officially, I'm a new Atom 2 owner

Well I finally pulled the trigger. I've been in talks with the previous owner to acquire his #098 Atom 2 for about a month and a half. Everything worked perfectly and I now have an Ariel Atom parked in my garage which was previously occupied by my Miata, Achmed the Jiata (he has a severe lifter tick). There's a few things I plan on doing to my Atom however there's one that I need to get done as soon as practical. Given that I am gravity challenged at 5'6' (I have a short torso with long legs) I need to figure out a way to increase the seat height. I looked at the mounts on the slide posts and they look like they are maxed out at the very top of the adjustment holes. So I may have to have new side mounts fabbed up to get a better seating position. That is unless somebody else has any other off-the-shelf items that would require less invasive procedures and still get me some increased seat height.
    Last edited by 2/3rdsCobra; December 31, 2017 at 09:36 PM.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    I am6'3" tall and my wife is 5'2". I purchased a swing cushion from wal mart that serves as a booster seat. It is not perfect but it helps. Let me know what you do.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Country
    United States
    I was looking at the sliders and mounts. Looks like the mounts are bottom bolted to the sliders. I believe I can fab up a spacer, about 1/2 inch thick to give the increased seat height I need. Either that or a more elegant solution of fabbing up new side mounts using the existing mounts as a template however with increased height.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Welcome to Atom ownership.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Congrats on the purchase! Have you posted any pictures of the Atom yet?
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I lifted up my seat by about 1 1/4 forward which made a huge difference in vision aspect of it but your taller than me anyways Lol.

Autorama 1.jpg
    06Arielatom and 2/3rdsCobra like this.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 06Arielatom View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! Have you posted any pictures of the Atom yet?
    Not until now.

IMG_1434.jpg IMG_1436.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    06Arielatom and sector: 4 like this.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I love your model car display! You have the aero package on yours, Sweet!!!!. I have just the rear wing,but will be buying the front later. If you can, buy the new HIDs from TMI, they will change the look on the car! Also the windshield as well.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Country
    United States
    The windshield is definitely something I am interested in. As for the lights, I was going to look at a couple of options once I start checking out when winter rolls around.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Country
    United States
    That's a beautiful car, Cobra. I think the Brammo cars are easily the best looking, in large part because of the silver frame. I don't know why they went black on the Atom 3. The most striking element of the design is lost. I love the silver body panels and the wings. Silver seems to be a rare color. It looks really sophisticated.

I'd like to get some wings on mine. I'm a bit concerned about kids standing on the front wing though. Do you think your front wing would tolerate that?
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast