Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Looks great! Congrats
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sector: 4 View Post
    That's a beautiful car, Cobra. I think the Brammo cars are easily the best looking, in large part because of the silver frame. I don't know why they went black on the Atom 3. The most striking element of the design is lost. I love the silver body panels and the wings. Silver seems to be a rare color. It looks really sophisticated.

I'd like to get some wings on mine. I'm a bit concerned about kids standing on the front wing though. Do you think your front wing would tolerate that?
    I too am a big fan of the silver frame. It offsets/frames any color you choose for the nose and intake tunnel IMHO. Funny you mentioned the kid thing; it almost happened to me @ a Cars & Carnitas (Central Valley Porsche dealership play on the Cars & Coffee events) show. The wing and mounts SHOULD support the weight of a full size adult w/no issues, however that weight would have to be distributed evenly across the face of the wing. I believe that the farther away the kid steps on the wing from the center mount location, the more likely it will suffer damage. It's probably my biggest fear right now.
    Last edited by 2/3rdsCobra; December 31, 2017 at 09:33 PM.

Country
    United States
    Oh, they'll stand on the end of the wing. You can count on it. Maybe a block of wood under each end would help when it's parked.
    2/3rdsCobra likes this.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sector: 4 View Post
    Oh, they'll stand on the end of the wing. You can count on it. Maybe a block of wood under each end would help when it's parked.
    Good idea. I was thinking of putting small pylon cones around the car when it's parked.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 2/3rdsCobra View Post
    Good idea. I was thinking of putting small pylon cones around the car when it's parked.
    Cones won't do anything to prevent a 2- or 3-year old from running up and stepping on a wing. I've had them try to pull the directional lights off my car with their parents standing right there. Kids will reach in and grab the wheel, scratching your frame with their belt buckles while their dumb parents take pictures. I have foam sleeves over my frame rails now. I don't leave my car unattended any more if there are kids around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12