Thread: California Ariel Atome for Sale

n00b
    Country
    United States

California Ariel Atome for Sale

2006 Ariel Atom by Brammo Motorsports with the GM Ecotec engine. This is identical to the Atom that Jay Leno showcases here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qy_LDYi7y8. His was the first car out of Brammo’s production line bearing vin 001. This car has vin 007 which I think is pretty cool.

The car has less than 3000 miles. Mostly weekend driving and the occasional track day. I have all maintenance records. Brand new Toyo tires. Car was always garaged with a cover.

Most importantly it is CA registered under the SB100 program. Smog exempt and street legal. I strongly prefer the buyer to be in CA as well. Comes with two Shoei full face helmets and two retro Momo Design helmets.

Pictures - https://goo.gl/photos/7gUXNbuyhWJiELo17

The only reason I am selling is because the car is not getting much use. I am in no hurry to sell and hate haggling so the price is firm at $55K. I am based in Woodside CA close to Stanford University. If you want to see the car in person weekends are best. Thanks!

Quick addition since several folks have PM'd me with this question - the engine is a GM Ecotec 2.0L supercharged with 300bhp and 250 fl/lb torque. Thanks again.
    Last edited by kulaso; September 2, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

n00b
    Country
    United States
    SOLD!

I am sad to see it go. I will miss this car more than any other that I have owned.

Following is a little bit of data that might help others considering either buying or selling an Atom.

- From listing to sale took exactly one week
    - I had nine interested buyers, seven from California, two out of state
    - Three folks test drove the car. All three wanted to buy it. Out of fairness I sold to the first person.
    - I got my asking price. One of the other buyers even offered me $60K (5K above asking) but I kept my promise to the first buyer.

So looks like the Atoms really do hold their value. And there is demand for them. If you have a California registered Atom that you want to sell feel free to inbox me. I can intro you to some very serious buyers.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Congrats on the quick sale and getting the price you wanted!