Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Skunkwurx out of Business?

Electron
    Country
    United States

Skunkwurx out of Business?

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if Skunkwurx is still in business? I've sent 2 e-mails and called them 3 times regarding pricing and availability on parts and no response.

Up Quark
    Country
    Canada
    Oh man, I hope not! I just emailed them today for pricing on a whole bunch of stuff!
    06Arielatom likes this.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I was able to reach someone finally via their Ebay account. They told me that Hamid was very busy at the moment but they are still open.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I sent Hamitt a PM the other day to let him know that your looking to get a hold of him. Hoped it helped.
    06Arielatom likes this.

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Hey, Same thing here e mailed several times with no response. If you find anything out pm me,i am looking to purchase a rear wing for my atom 3 would like to talk to someone before i look somewhere else.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    I just bought a front wing late last week. It should be here tomorrow.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    I have had this problem a few times. I was finally able to get in touch with him after several emails. When he finally responded I had one question about fitment and...... nothing.
    It seems as if they have some pretty awesome things on their website and it's unfortunate that communication just does not happen.
    The fact that they are based in the UK makes me a bit nervous and pair that up with non-communication ..... just don't feel confident buying stuff from them.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    I bought rear fender brackets and now a carbon front wing. Great quality of the parts and unbelievable fast shipping from the UK. I would not hesitate to buy more stuff for the tube car.20170512_163933_001.jpg

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Up Quark
    Country
    Canada
    So has anyone actually heard back from Skunkwurx when trying to contact them? I wanted to order a set of fibreglass fenders, front and rear wings, and mounting brackets. The website said that several of the fibreglass parts were on backorder, and next month my first event where I'll get to actually finally drive my atom requires fenders, so I sucked it up and ordered the more expensive CF wings and CF/composite fenders to get them in time as the site said they were in stock. Kind of a waste since I plan to paint them, but c'est la vie. Now the site says those CF parts are also backordered. Did I get the last set? Was the website not up to date regarding stock? Will I get the parts in time? Who knows, because after multiple attempts to contact them, nobody has gotten back to me. It's also a $6000+ order (admittedly that's cheap Canadian dollars). But it's enough to make you worry when you spend that much online. The only thing that prevents me from contacting PayPal about it is that they have a good reputation on the forum and eventually everyone seems to get their parts with or without any communication.

I don't even mind if I don't get the fenders in time. It's just a HPDE, and my "back up car" is a C7 Z06, so I'll have fun either way. But it would be nice to know which car I should be prepping. I'd also like to downgrade the fenders to the fibreglass if the CF isn't going to get here any faster. I'm sure I'm going to love the parts and rave about them when they arrive, but in the meantime it's frustrating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast