Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TMI web site doesn't show SRA

Ion
    Country
    United States

New TMI web site doesn't show SRA

It looks like TMI now has a new web site and I find no mention of the spec racer. Is the SRA program finished or did I just miss that part of the site?

Country
    United States
    Hmm, I think it's donzo. There is also a special edition K20z3 powered atom with what looks like a roots supercharger.

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    Hmm, I think it's donzo. There is also a special edition K20z3 powered atom with what looks like a roots supercharger.
    "Donzo?" What on earth is that?

Fermion
    Country
    Canada
    I noticed the same thing. I emailed them and was told The Spec Racer is still being built and a new page is being developed the the Spec Racer on their website.

Country
    United States
    As in finished, done, no more.

But by the look of things it's just not up yet on the website. I hope they don't get rid of it. It strikes me as an ideal track car.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    SRA is not done, we are simply creating a website specifically for it to keep confusion to a min between it and the Atom 3 (market is not grasping the concept of a track only car). Check out the link below and sign up for updates:

http://www.specraceatom.com

We have a few SRA's available ranging from new (for immediate delivery) to 1/2 built units for shorter build times, contact me with any questions: jkenealy@tmiautotech.com.
    Last edited by jesse@tmi; April 7, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

Fermion
    Country
    Canada
    We just purchased two Ariel Atom Spec Racers from RoadSport Ariel, the Canadian importer. They will run at Grand Bend Raceway Car Lapping Events near London Ontario Canada starting in August. We will be working closely with RoadSport to promote Ariel in this part of Ontario Canada. Visit us at the Honda House Tent at the Track. Over the winter you can have a look at Honda House in Chatham Ontario, about 60 minutes from Detroit.

Fermion
    Country
    Canada
    It would be great to get the Spec Racer details on the website soon to support the car which we will be promoting starting August 10th in the Windsor, Chatham, Sarnia, London, Stratford and Goderich area at Grand Bend Raceway.

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I still don't see anything about the SRA on the new Atom website and the link to an SRA specific site continues to say "Coming Soon"...is there any further word on that?

And I heard a rumor that TMI is developing some aero for the SRA that actually works. Does anyone know about that?
    Last edited by Phoenix Atom; August 15, 2017 at 01:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Atom View Post
    I still don't see anything about the SRA on the new Atom website and the link to an SRA specific site continues to say "Coming Soon"...is there any further word on that?

And I heard a rumor that TMI is developing some aero for the SRA that actually works. Does anyone know about that?
    That's really interesting! I've been thinking a lot about aero. One of the main drawbacks is the ride height. I don't know that it sits low enough to ever create downforce using the underbody. The other drawback is the wet sump. If I was TMI I would work on those two challenges as anybody can make front and rear wings but not everyone can design a proper underbody difuser and dry sump.

The only thing I know about Ariel in the pipeline is the active aero solution. They are working on a sucker car, although not sure TMI is involved at all.

Ariel Aero-P Concept Uses Electric Fans to Stick to the Ground

The effectiveness of a fan car is totally unknown except for experiments in the 60s. It got banned from racing before the tech matured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast