Thread: 1 Year Without an Atom

Lepton
    Country
    United States

1 Year Without an Atom

It's been about a year since I sold my Atom. I had order it from Brammo and owned it for 9 years. It was replaced by an Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT, which now has 600HP. So far, I don't regret selling the Atom at all.

The R8 gets every bit as much attention as the Atom. Every time I drive it, I see other drivers taking pictures of it while they are driving! Just this morning, it looked like the guy behind me was taking video while driving.

Acceleration is a bit slower in the R8, and my Atom had 400HP. Part of that is because the gearing in the Atom wasn't optimum. 1st gear was too short for the amount of power it had, and 2nd gear was too long. The Atom pulled really strong at the top of 2nd gear though. The R8 has a better 1st gear, which makes it feel faster in daily driving.

I haven't had my R8 on a track yet, but the one I drone in Vegas handled great. Not as tight and nimble as the Atom, but pretty impressive for such a large car.

The exhaust sound in the R8 is so much better than the Atom. I installed a Larini Club Sport exhaust that really makes the car sing. The exhaust sound bounces off of everything, even trees. I constantly get compliments on the sound.

The 6-speed gated shifter is wonderful. It's like working a lever on a vault. No more awkward 5th gear like in the Atom.

Best of all, I have put more miles on the R8 in one year than I did on the Atom in 9 years! I can drive it anywhere without worrying about cold or rain. And if the weather is nice, I can put the top down in seconds.

If I ever move back west to a dryer climate, I would consider getting another Atom. But for Indiana weather, I could not be happier with the R8.

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    i hate getting attention with any car i drive, is that really a thing that you want attention? interesting

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bkthomps View Post
    i hate getting attention with any car i drive, is that really a thing that you want attention? interesting
    I didn't say it was a positive but it is a fact. I expected the R8 to be more under-the-radar than the Atom. Not true at all.

If you hate getting attention, don't get an Atom either.
    "You little punk bitch." -Wade Huisman, Keizer Wheels

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    If you hate getting attention, don't get an Atom either.
    This is an understatement! I too don't like all of the attention, but, love the car.