Thread: New Atom Owner in Los Angeles

Lurker
    Country
    United States

New Atom Owner in Los Angeles

Hello everyone, Im JayBo (as I'm lovingly called)

I live in Anaheim California and will be receiving my 2013 Orange SRA3 shortly.
    I fully intend to get it CA titled as well as become a willow springs regular.
    I've been doing spirited driving in Miatas for 13 years and felt the need to step it up.

Any help is needed/welcomed for the street legal process (parts) and of course I'm open to other track suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
    JayBo
    Vape on!

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Hi JayBo, you definitely want to talk to Shinoo at Sector111 about CA registration, he can help but I still don't fancy your chances (he might just say its impossible.) There's a handful of us in LA with the SRA, would be good to see you at Willow with us one day.

For track suggestions I would check out Speedventures.com, great bunch of guys. All the usual NorCal/SoCal tracks and Spring Mountain are places worth going.

Lurker
    Country
    United States
    Thank you sir!

I will hit up Shinoo asap. I've got one good contact at the DMV that is being very helpful so far, she even says that most DMV employees are useless when it comes to regulation. My hopes are currently in her hands and I aim to get a CA title for it. The nice thing is that it wasn't titled in another state first so this is going under SCN category.

I just did a Google search on spring mountain the other day and it looks amazing thank you.

I'd be keen to meet up with you SRA guys as I'm new to owning and just generally like track days.

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I registered mine in ca. Was a pain and it took me over 6 months.
    All you need is a brake and light inspection and you can get a temp registration so you can use the car on the street while you're getting it registered.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by garef001 View Post
    I registered mine in ca. Was a pain and it took me over 6 months.
    All you need is a brake and light inspection and you can get a temp registration so you can use the car on the street while you're getting it registered.
    you have an Atom2 though which comes with all the stuff you need, the SRA needs a bunch more stuff added to it; indicators, headlights and hand brake at least right? (it has none of those things.)

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Yeah I have an atom 3. What I meant was that if he adds everything he needs, he can get a temp registration to drive it while he works on getting it registered.