Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 ATOM 3 Considering sale & replace with 3S

Ion
    Country
    United States

2012 ATOM 3 Considering sale & replace with 3S

So, I purchased my Atom 3 in Hallsville Texas in December of 2015 with 827 miles. The previous owner ordered it through Eddie Hill's Funcycles in Wichita Falls only to pass away soon after he purchased it. The car stayed in a very nice climate controlled Man Cave/Garage until widows friend listed it for sale on Craig's List.

I contacted the seller after wanting an Atom for a few years, I purchased it & went through the licensing process so I could drive it, so it is licensed and titled.

I have a heated and air conditioned garage at home where it has stayed since I purchased it

The day I purchased it I replaced

#1The battery
    #2 Changed the oil & filter and replaced the crush washer
    #3 Changed the transmission oil and crush washers
    #4 I changed the coolant/Anti-Freeze
    #5 I replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes
    #6 I replaced the clutch fluid and bled the clutch
    #7 I performed a 4 wheel alignment with my friend that weighs the same as I do sitting in the front seat. (Proper weight is critical or the alignment will be incorrect in these cars)

I am a Honda Factory Trained Master Mechanic and an ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician with 35+ years of Experience

I have had so much fun with it that I am thinking of selling this one and purchasing a 3S, I considered turbocharging this one although I can not add traction control as is available on the 3S

The prices seem to be all over the place so I would like to ask for the experts help on how much to price my car for, any help will be appreciated

2.4 Honda I-VTEC 230 HP
    6 Speed
    Aluminum Radiator $875.00
    Parking Brake Kit $1335.00
    Quick Release Steering Hub $275.00
    Aero Screens
    15" TDM Wheels with Yokohama S Drive Tires 195/50/15 Front and 205/55/15 Rear (95% tread remaining)
    Roll Bar Hoop $990.00
    Locking Fuel Cap $75.00

Mine currently has just under 1150 miles and it drives perfect.
    Last edited by SteveTheMechanic; August 16, 2016 at 06:30 PM.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    So you want more power and traction control. This is why you want the 3's?

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Yes these are the two main reasons. The others are I would like to order one exactly equipped with the colors & options that I would like to have

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Seeing you own an atom. What options do you want? Nice to hear coming from an owner and a mechanic.
    Thanks

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Windshield, Intercooled turbo, traction control, bigger brakes, wheels & tires, and some color so I don't get run over, possibly a trailer hitch so I can pull a supply trailer & drive it on the Hot Rod power tour next year. I'd like to be the first in an Atom

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    That's a great list. Thank you for sharing

Country
    United States
    If you mean first to do the power tour in an atom, Lane from this forum has done the tour in his Atom. I'm sure not being the first will not diminish the fun!

Country
    United States
    I have this 2016 Ariel Atom Turbo in stock in Wichita Falls, Texas.

And this 2016 Ariel Atom Turbo in stock, ready to be shipped from the factory.

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Thanks Eddie, tell me more about the equipment and color, the two pics you listed have different equipment.
    I met a gentleman last night (while getting some BBQ in my Atom) that knew you from flying tethered airplanes, he is retired from Bell Helicopter, I'll find his name

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTheMechanic View Post
    Thanks Eddie, tell me more about the equipment and color, the two pics you listed have different equipment.
    I met a gentleman last night (while getting some BBQ in my Atom) that knew you from flying tethered airplanes, he is retired from Bell Helicopter, I'll find his name
    Hi, Steve,

I would welcome a call to go over the specs on these two new 2016 Ariel Atom Turbos that I have for sale and ready to deliver. I handle all our Ariel business personally, and you can call me on my cell phone if you still have that number (or I can PM it to you) or you can call my dealership Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles is located in Wichita Falls, TX. Shop our large online inventory..

In the bottom picture above, the one without the wings, is a new 2016 Ariel Atom Turbo, that is finished and tested, still at the factory in Virginia, and ready to ship direct to you, or you can pick it up at the factory as a no-charge option. This is a maximum power and traction Atom but at a minimum price. $79,979 for this one, serial #AA30213.

In the top picture above, the one with the wings, is a new 2016 Turbo Ariel Atom, an all-Carbon-Fiber one, for sale here in Wichita Falls. 365HP on this one.

It took the TMI factory over a year to get this one built for me. But you can buy it now without having to wait to get one built. I have put about 275 miles on this one doing the break-in procedure, and learning to deal with the extra 65HP. I ordered this one for myself, with all the high-end options.

My plan was to replace my 300 HP 2012 demo with this 365HP 2016 one. But I finally admitted to myself that I am not driving my 2012 as fast as it will go, so why depreciate another new car? So I am going to offer the 2016 for sale. $98,879 for this one, serial #AA30214.

Thanks for looking, and the interest.

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast