Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SkunkWurx Updates

Country
    UK

Exclamation SkunkWurx Updates

Hi chaps, hope everyone's good!

Just some updates for some products coming out soon!

If anyone wants to get in touch with me, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PM's, I don't seem to get the notifications for them so they'll go unanswered. Just email me directly or through my site.

Anyway, here goes...
    My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Country
    UK
    New Dual Element front Wing

The prototypes are in and testing is being done on them with promising results.

Country
    UK
    CF Atom 3/3.5 Front Lamp Covers/Light Upgrades

The carbon covers will be available separately to replace the plastic existing covers but will also be available as a complete light upgrade for the Atom's with the old tractor lights. Rear lights will follow.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Country
    UK
    2-part rigid/semi-floating discs for use with alcon brake setup

These literally are a piece of art! Seems a shame to put them on the car and let them wear down!

Two part discs offer several advantages over standard ones:

1) Weight - The center part (bell) is made of aluminium and the outer (rotor) is made of steel. This allows the disc to be lighter as a single/fixed disc is made fully of steel.

2) Performance -When the rotor (outer secion) is subjected to serious heat it expands. By allowing it to float separately from the mounting face it is free to expand and shrink again at will without being constrained by its mounting. When this expansion takes place it does so in all directions at once and it will not be constrained. If you prevent this from happening in one direction (by fixing it on its mounting face) it has no choice but to warp, so floating_discs are made in two parts to allow the discs to expand and prevent them from warping thus more suited to higher performance applications. The Atom is a light car and this may not be as critical as on a road type car but the discs still do get very hot after a few laps of serious use, and I have come across warped discs on an Atom before so it is not unheard of.

3) Cost - The outer rotor can be replaced when it wears down, so no need to pay for a new bell. The cost of a new rotor is will be considerably less than the cost of a full disc.

4) Looks - the look neat!

Being tested as we speak!
    Last edited by HamTT; July 20, 2016 at 12:49 AM.

Country
    United States
    How wide is the new dual element front wing? Looks nice!
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Particle
    I just looked through your website and your products and pricing seem great!

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    How wide is the new dual element front wing? Looks nice!
    I'll get the dimensions drawn up and some photos with it on the next week hopefully and let you know.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Orozco View Post
    I just looked through your website and your products and pricing seem great!
    Hi Frank,

When I started doing the parts I wanted to keep the prices low and affordable, the whole reason I started doing them was because there was no choice in the market and the factory prices, in my opinion, were artificially high for some products because of this.

This whole project has been a labour of love for me and to be honest I find it more rewarding seieing the results of my efforts on peoples cars rather than the bottom line.
    06Arielatom likes this.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Damn, I know what I'll be shopping for christmas this year. lol.

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    HamTT is a stand up guy! I have both his front and rear wings. Let me know when you get the lamp covers in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast