Thread: Mesh jacket or other clothes for sun protection?

Particle

Question Mesh jacket or other clothes for sun protection?

When I owned my motorcycle I rode it rain or shine and until the temp dropped below 35 degrees. Back then I had a mesh motorcycle jacket and I never got sunburned with it.

Any recommendations other than sunblock?

i am hoping to purchase my atom next weekend or the week following.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I would get some of those fishing long sleeve shirts that have a 40 sunblock built right in and then some of the other suggestions I made on your other post. Congrats and good luck with the ride, it will be an adventure.

Particle
    Thx Bob. I'll have to go take a look at those fishing shirts. I did not know about them. I made it to Alberquerque at 4 am this morning. Took longer than I planned when I made the hotel reservation.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wilson View Post
    When I owned my motorcycle I rode it rain or shine and until the temp dropped below 35 degrees. Back then I had a mesh motorcycle jacket and I never got sunburned with it.

Any recommendations other than sunblock?
    I don't know if the TMI cars are the same, but the sunscreen I was using damaged the finish on the paint where I would rest my arm. One of the things I did before I sold my Atom was to have the tubes refinished (I saved about pound of the custom color powdercoat powder from when my car was made) and then had all of the tubes clear-filmed for additional protection.
    An Atom Across America blog - http://www.atomacrossamerica.org Brammo Atom 300 Ecotec - 08/2006 build
    Note - if any image I included or link I posted is broken, change "tmk.com "to "glaver.org" in the URL to fix it.