Thread: What arm restraints are you guys using?

Fermion
    Country
    United States

What arm restraints are you guys using?

I just got my OMP arm restraints in and am confused on how to use them. I did a youtube video search and could only find a video of them using a Simpson unit which is entirely different than my OMP restraint.
    The loop that my OMP unit has hardly goes over the clip part of the seatbelt as it has to be stretched to go over the seatbelt portion…. no way on earth I could be able to get out of my vehicle in case of an emergency quickly. My OMP arm restraints came with no instructions and I have Googled and there has been no information online.
    Do any of you guys use an arm restraint that is user friendly and are happy with them? I am open to any suggestions as I will probably send my OMP unit back to the vendor. I figured that since most organizations require arm restraints on open cockpit cars on the track that I would find some good answers here.
    Thanks guys

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Elonheater32 View Post
    I just got my OMP arm restraints in and am confused on how to use them. I did a youtube video search and could only find a video of them using a Simpson unit which is entirely different than my OMP restraint.
    The loop that my OMP unit has hardly goes over the clip part of the seatbelt as it has to be stretched to go over the seatbelt portion…. no way on earth I could be able to get out of my vehicle in case of an emergency quickly. My OMP arm restraints came with no instructions and I have Googled and there has been no information online.
    Do any of you guys use an arm restraint that is user friendly and are happy with them? I am open to any suggestions as I will probably send my OMP unit back to the vendor. I figured that since most organizations require arm restraints on open cockpit cars on the track that I would find some good answers here.
    Thanks guys
    I'm also confused. Mine are G Force racing, but I can't get the suckers to stay on my forearms when I drive - they keep sliding down to my wrists. (I'm led to believe the right placement is just below the elbow, but someone correct me if I am wrong. I also couldn't find much online on how to use them properly)

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    I had the 5 point harnesses and they would attach at the lower belt section, then around my wrists, My elbows are lower than my wrists when driving so they didn't slide towards my wrists.

If in an accident I wouldn't see what would be too difficult about sliding my hands out and or unlocking the seatbelt harness in which case they'd slip off the seat belt...

my atom is long gone so I can't take pics and I'm not sure if my memory is 100% on point so forgive me if that is wrong information

Country
    United States
    Just above or just below the elbow is acceptable. I use the G-Force and they will tend to slip down if you don't bind them tight. I use to slip mine on/off my arm when getting out of the car, but now I just use the quick releases,leaving the band on my arm...and the restraints seem to stay put much better.

Last edited by MadMaxAtom; June 23, 2016 at 02:37 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)