Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eddie FourFather Hill's Ariel Atom display in Wichita Falls, Texas

Country
    United States

Eddie FourFather Hill's Ariel Atom display in Wichita Falls, Texas

Eddie Hill will be proudly displaying two beautiful new factory turbocharged Ariel Atoms from now through the middle of June. One of these is Eddie's new 2016 personal company car/demonstrator. It is equipped with not only the most horsepower offered, at 365HP, but the most traction, with the largest tires offered by the factory, the full carbon fiber bodywork package, and the carbon fiber wing package.

The other Ariel on display is the stunning all-silver Turbo Atom that is the actual car used in both the Road and Track magazine, and the Autoweek magazine, road tests. Yes, this is the actual car they both raved about. It is sold to a fine gentleman here in Texas, but he has consented to leave it here for this display period.

For those of you interested in track performance (and who isn't?) Eddie will also be displaying 17 individual race winner trophies, and three yearly championship trophies that his 2012 Ariel Atom has won for him so far.

The display/showing is at Eddie's Racecar shop/Ariel Atom showroom, and includes Eddie to show and tell and answer questions, and is by prearranged appointment only, 'cause you don't want to come while Eddie and Ercie are away at a race.

At Eddie's other location, Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles, Inc., in downtown Wichita Falls, Eddie's "First in the Fours" top fuel dragster, and his 229 MPH top fuel drag boat hydroplane, are on permanent display. Eddie is the only person that has ever won the top fuel championship on land and water.

Website is ATV's, GoPro Dealer, 4-Wheelers, Parts: Wichita Falls, TX & Lawton, OK: Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles
    MadMaxAtom likes this.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    Good news.

This SRA(SpecRaceAtom) is now en route to Wichita Falls, and will be on display in addition to the two Turbo Atoms.

If you have never seen an Atom up close and personal, here is your chance to see three great examples. Get in touch with me to set up an appointment.

Thanks,

Eddie fourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Hello Eddie,

Since you have owned the Ariel 2, and 3s, how much faster is the 3s and drive-ability compared to the 2?

Country
    United States
    The extra acceleration in the middle of the RPM rage with the 365 HP rated Turbocharged 2.4 liter K24 is VERY noticeable, surprisingly so, to me, compared to my 300 HP rated supercharged 2.0 liter K20a, and also compared to my 300 HP rated LSJ Ecotec.

With the 365 HP K24 Atom, you must be ready to shift to the next higher gear so much quicker than with the K20a, that it really takes some getting used to. In fact, I find that I better be ready to shift to second gear almost immediately after getting the throttle wide open in first gear. At full throttle, you really run through the gears in a big hurry with the Turbo Atom.

I don't have comparable track times with both the supercharged K20a and the Turbo K24.

Shortly after I received my new K24 Turbo, I finally admitted to myself that I am not driving my 300 HP Atom as fast as it is capable of, so why put miles on another brand new car just to get the extra 65HP? So I am going to offer the all carbon fiber 365 HP Turbo Atom that I ordered with all the good stuff for my own use, for sale, and try to improve my lap times by better driving. Along those lines, I did score my career best lap time of 1:19.90 seconds Friday a week ago, going clockwise at Hallett Motor Raceway. I previously have run a best of 1:19.15 in the counter clockwise direction, so I'm in the teens in both directions.

Contrary to every other brand or model turbo car that I have ever driven, the Turbo Atom has VERY linear and smooth power delivery, with no perceptible turbo lag. The Turbo Atom pulls so hard in the middle of the power band that I envision running the transmission in the next higher gear in the corners than what I have been doing with my K20a.

And, of course, an extra 65 HP in a 1350 pound car is huge.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FourFather View Post
    The extra acceleration in the middle of the RPM rage with the 365 HP rated Turbocharged 2.4 liter K24 is VERY noticeable, surprisingly so, to me, compared to my 300 HP rated supercharged 2.0 liter K20a, and also compared to my 300 HP rated LSJ Ecotec.

With the 365 HP K24 Atom, you must be ready to shift to the next higher gear so much quicker than with the K20a, that it really takes some getting used to. In fact, I find that I better be ready to shift to second gear almost immediately after getting the throttle wide open in first gear. At full throttle, you really run through the gears in a big hurry with the Turbo Atom.

I don't have comparable track times with both the supercharged K20a and the Turbo K24.

Shortly after I received my new K24 Turbo, I finally admitted to myself that I am not driving my 300 HP Atom as fast as it is capable of, so why put miles on another brand new car just to get the extra 65HP? So I am going to offer the all carbon fiber 365 HP Turbo Atom that I ordered with all the good stuff for my own use, for sale, and try to improve my lap times by better driving. Along those lines, I did score my career best lap time of 1:19.90 seconds Friday a week ago, going clockwise at Hallett Motor Raceway. I previously have run a best of 1:19.15 in the counter clockwise direction, so I'm in the teens in both directions.

Contrary to every other brand or model turbo car that I have ever driven, the Turbo Atom has VERY linear and smooth power delivery, with no perceptible turbo lag. The Turbo Atom pulls so hard in the middle of the power band that I envision running the transmission in the next higher gear in the corners than what I have been doing with my K20a.

And, of course, an extra 65 HP in a 1350 pound car is huge.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. Sounds like the Sadev would be a nice feature for the 3s to help improve the shifting. An all carbon fiber Atom??? Very Awesome, I'm not in the financial position to buy such a beauty just yet,but please post some pictures when it arrives.

Country
    United States
    "An all carbon fiber Atom??? Very Awesome, I'm not in the financial position to buy such a beauty just yet,but please post some pictures when it arrives. "

That is it in post #1. It has every carbon fiber part that Ariel offers, and it even has an extra hood (or bonnet) that is also carbon fiber, so this Atom can run either the full windshield as shown, or the small individual wind deflectors, with the longer carbon fiber hood (bonnet) that goes with that configuration. Best of both worlds.

Here is another picture of it, showing one of the stainless steel "muffler eliminator" setups that we build here, to help the top-fuel-hearing-impaired drivers hear enough of the exhaust to help know when to shift.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Hey eddie, how loud is it with the exhaust like that?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by garef001 View Post
    Hey eddie, how loud is it with the exhaust like that?
    A characteristic of a turbocharger (that of course uses the exhaust energy to spin the compressor turbine) is that the exhaust impulses are pureed and made quieter.

My wife Ercie said the car was too quiet with the factory muffler. She says that with the pipe I built, it now sounds like a supercar should, and I agree. However, this 2.4 liter Turbo Atom with my unmuffled pipe on it is not nearly as loud as my 2.0 liter 2012 supercharged Ariel Atom that also has an unmuffled pipe that I built. The supercharger makes the exhaust louder, and the Turbo makes the exhaust quieter.

Both cars are quiet at steady speeds and throttle, and under light, part throttle, acceleration, like normal polite street operation. I have always satisfied my need for speed, and enjoyed my gee fix, on the race track, and have never had a complaint from a citizen or law enforcement officer about noise or speeding with any of my Atoms.

However, at full throttle, full load, and high rpm on the road race track, my supercharged Ariel is always the loudest car out of everything there at the track, including V-eight race cars.

"How loud" is very subjective, but maybe this helps answer your question.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Did you have to adjust the tune of the car when you changed the exhaust? A completely free flowing exhaust is going to change things up, no?

Up Quark
    Country
    Germany
    Hi Eddie, sorry for changing the subject, but that Atom in the background with the diffusor looks awesome! Would you mind to post a photo of it please?! Is this something that you have built, or can I acquire that diffusor somewhere??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast