Thread: Ohlin's on an atom?

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States

Ohlin's on an atom?

Curious if anyone has changed over to the Ohlin's. On my A2, I feel like I could use less bounce and have altered the stock koni's as much as I can. It could be a spring rate issue... Not sure. But i would like the car to feel more planted. Ohlin's are an option. Thoughts?

JD

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jid View Post
    Curious if anyone has changed over to the Ohlin's. On my A2, I feel like I could use less bounce and have altered the stock koni's as much as I can. It could be a spring rate issue... Not sure. But i would like the car to feel more planted. Ohlin's are an option. Thoughts?

JD
    I am on custom valved Ohlins TTX/ILXs for autocross. What condition do you mean by "bounce"?

Country
    United States
    Atoms respond to higher spring rates and revalved shocks very well. I am up to 500lb frts and 750lb rears and surprisingly the ride harshness is not much more than stock..but the road feel is MUCH improved.The lack of sway bars mandate heavier springs and better dampers,if you plan on hard driving.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Atoms respond to higher spring rates and revalved shocks very well. I am up to 500lb frts and 750lb rears and surprisingly the ride harshness is not much more than stock..but the road feel is MUCH improved.The lack of sway bars mandate heavier springs and better dampers,if you plan on hard driving.
    Do you have any plots for your shock valving? My car on 400lbs/500lbs rides very harshly, but I do not think that is a function of spring rate but rather the current valving having too much high speed compression

Country
    United States
    Nope..no dyno graphs..but can tell you I specifically instructed them (Moton) to keep the compression dampening stock. I also run the Palatov suspension rockers which operate on a different motion ratio than stock,which really made a big difference in the feel of the road.(I also run their heavy duty pushrods)
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)