Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror options

Gluon
    Country
    United States

Mirror options

I track my Atom SRA (Atom 3) and I find it challenging to see people who are directly behind me. Also mirror adjustment is tricky - mirrors get easily knocked out of position.

Anybody tried different mirror setups that you like more?

Found this in thread archive - curious for feedback Services

Thanks
    Aleks

Country
    United States
    I went to these last year. You can buy them on Ebay_> Emgo Universal Rectangluar Mirror GP Deluxe Long Stem Black 130mm x 85mm 10mm T | eBays-l500.jpg

Bolt right on..no mods necessary..MUCH larger sight picture,very adjustable and stay put once you have them adjusted. Plus,they are very inexpensive if you bust one…
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; April 18, 2016 at 06:21 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    I have one of these motorcycle mirrors... couldn't live w/o it.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    I just installed these and they are GREAT! Completely eliminated the need for my Autobahn mirrors.

Magazi Cleaver Mirrors Black
    Last edited by nismo1534; April 8, 2018 at 10:09 PM.

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    I got them, installed one, and realized that field of view is less than on one that came with Atom 3 SRA so I will probably be going back or trying another one. Ones that came stock are convex thus give you wider field of view vs this one appears flat. This observation appears contrary to MadMaxAtom's - perhaps your mirrors were different from mine to start with...

On the positive note - they do seem a lot sturdier so won't get knocked out as easy...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    I went to these last year. You can buy them on Ebay_> Emgo Universal Rectangluar Mirror GP Deluxe Long Stem Black 130mm x 85mm 10mm T | eBay

Bolt right on..no mods necessary..MUCH larger sight picture,very adjustable and stay put once you have them adjusted. Plus,they are very inexpensive if you bust one…

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Do you have Atom 2 or 3? See my prior post - do you get wider field of view than your current mirrors?

Can you post some pics of them installed - especially details of how they attach to current mount?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nismo1534 View Post
    I just installed these and they are GREAT! Completely eliminated the need for my Autobahn mirrors.

Magazi Cleaver Mirrors Black Aspherical 10mm Fitting for Ariel Atom 2 3 3 5R V8 | eBay

Country
    United States
    I don't use convex mirrors..don't care for the distorted view. My original mirrors were straight glass and small. You can buy larger convex mirrors reasonably priced. I'm not paying more than $30 for a pair of mirrors…

Large convex 10mm stem mirrors http://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-Univers...BUCr3A&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; May 5, 2016 at 11:57 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Fermion
    Country
    UK
    Some mirrors I made for my 2/160
    Attached Images Attached Images

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    They mount the same as the factory mirrors, at least they do on my AA3. The arms are longer so they clear the windshield better, if you have one of those, so you can actually see your passenger-side mirror.

Last edited by nismo1534; April 8, 2018 at 10:08 PM.

Particle
    Is that another mirror behind the front tire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast