Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where is the excitement?

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Where is the excitement?

Does anybody get excited about their atom anymore? Is it all techno weenie stuff? Does anybody take rides with other atom owners? Is this forum dead? Lets do a ride in the eastern usa this year and meet each other, what do you say?

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I get excited overtime I jump in the car. Have track days almost every month, going to the tail of the dragon in April. Pick a place, I'm up for a road trip.

Country
    United States
    I see my Atom every day...for many years now,and it never gets stale. I await the good weather every spring..to slide into that seat for the first time...warm sun on my face..clip my harness together..snap on the steering wheel..press the start button..shift into first gear and a new adventure begins.
    There really is nothing like it.
    I'm not much on street driving..for me it is the incredible feeling of intensity of my Atom on track.
    I have other cars..but the Atom is unique in its ability to keep me fully involved..my attention never wavers..and I am in my own paradise.

Lap after lap...motor racing,brakes squealing..tires grasping every inch of asphalt..until ..we are one with the wind.

If I could spend at least one day a week on track...my life would be a dream come true...
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Yes, I get plenty excited.

I have to travel hundreds of miles to connect with other Atom owners so I'm not much for road trips/rallies. There are the local car guys who occasionally do day trips through the mountains that I'll participate in. To be honest though most other car guys in my area are retirees who putt along to Starbucks for coffee on Saturday mornings, shoot the breeze then go home to their wives afterward.

Otherwise the Atom attracts enough attention so I don't do much public advertising about what I do with it. My registration hangs on my insurance. My insurance says that I don't go to racetracks or participate in contests of speed or timed events etc.

With Texas and other states revoking titles/registrations of Atoms and other specially constructed vehicles, it might be doing the Atom community a disservice to broadcast exactly how much fun can be had. Most insurance companies and some DMV managers see that the Atom's primarily used for 'racing' and not just a pleasure craft. Search the internet for 'Ariel Atom' and there are very very few pictures of people getting groceries or dropping the kids off a socially acceptable sporting event.

Forum activity is not the same as real world activity. Besides it's still cold in a lot of places and their Atoms are likely mothballed still.

Here's the last time I had a good level of excitement. Some people take their jobs entirely too seriously.

Enough_Attention.jpg

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I only street my Atom and I legitimately do small grocery runs in it:

Drive it to the office on nice days (yes, it does say ASS MANAGER):

Drop off packages at the office office:

And most importantly, give pretty girls a ride when they ask:

I'll be the first to admit I don't put as many miles on it as I should, but it gives you a smile that's hard to wipe away when you do. When I go overseas (2-4 few weeks at a time), I used to look forward to coming back home and listening to some music. Now, I look forward to taking a spirited drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks Napalm! I know the passenger floorboard can hold 10 gallons of microbrew in Cornelius kegs. You get a LOT of funny looks going through the drive through too. It's usually a reach down to an Atom driver's seat from the service window.

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I try and drive my atom 2-3 times a week, even if it's only work and back. If the weathers good, why not have some with it

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    I am getting my Atom turbo charged right now!!! I can't wait to get it back. I am happy to hear all the enthusiasm still exists. Warm weather is just around the corner. Let's ride!!!

Country
    United States
    I took two different new factory Turbo Atoms for a ride yesterday from my Atom dealership showroom in Wichita Falls, Texas, and what a hoot! People that know me and my top fuel car and boat background ask me how can I get my jollies with an Ariel Atom after being used to going from zero to 272 mph in 3.05 seconds? Well, I can tell you that to me the Ariels are the nearest thing, on four wheels, to top fuel excitement that most mortals will ever experience! And in the last ten years of Ariel experience I have never had a ride without either laughing out loud, or at least having a huge grin during and after.

I really thought my life would be essentially over, as far as extreme thrills, when I no longer had a top fuel ride, and that terminal boredom would set in, ending my lifetime of thrills. ( I have been blessed with motorsports trophies in each of the last eight decades) But the Ariel Atom experience has literally saved my life, thank you Lord!

So yes, the excitement is alive and well in the Ariel Atom community!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgUNet7Rfz8

Eddie FourFather Hill
    MadMaxAtom likes this.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Ive been around Atoms every day for the last two years and still get excited when I see/drive one.

A few guys mentioned some east coast events/rides - keep us in mind if you want to plan something, we're always down for a meet up or tour of the new Atom Production facility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast