Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Places to List an Atom For Sale?

Lepton
    Country
    United States

Best Places to List an Atom For Sale?

Besides Ebay, it doesn't look like there are many good sites to list Atoms for sale. A lot of them search by manufacturer, and Ariel isn't an option.

Cars.com: I listed it here as a Lotus Elise since there is no Ariel option. At least it was free and has gotten some views.
    CarGurus: I was able to list it here for free, but there is no way for someone to search for it. It only has 3 views, and they are probably by me.
    DuPont Registry: $99 for 99 days. There is currently only one Atom listed for sale.
    AutoTrader: Doesn't look like there is a good way to list an Atom or search for one.
    Bring A Trailer: $250 to list and 5% buyer's fee.
    Ebay: I have exhausted my free listings, so a new listing is $50-90 depending on the length of the listing. My listing got a lot of views but very few serious inquiries.
    Craigslist: Listed for free. Got one serious inquiry.

Any other good places to list it?

Is my asking price of $59,500 too high? The only other similar car for sale in Indiana is $59,900, but it has a stock Brammo 300 motor.

Country
    United States
    Bad time of year to sell a toy. Ebay does bring a lot of attention..more than any place else I've tried. I'd wait a few weeks..take some new fresh photos..add more details...and make it sound a little more personal. People like a good story. I know I do. Unless you are desperate to sell..$55-60k is a good area for your car with the options you have.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    It's a little early, but some people are starting to look. I'd like to get it sold in early spring.

I'm just getting lowballers so far.
    "I saw one sell for under $50k last year."
    Well, you should have bought it.

Country
    United States
    Patience seems to be key along with good photos and a detailed description (HD BluToob walk around vid link?). If you need the cash, lower the price and you'll find a buyer faster. If you can wait then Summer's around the corner. Perhaps Yellow is not the most fetching color? TMI can probably tell you what the most popular colors have been historically. A quick Bonnet/Cowl repaint may help resale.

'Spring' in Indiana is still not warm if you're hoping to sell in the region. You're likely going to have to ship it someplace. Have you got quotes/estimates with various freight companies for delivery to warmer climates? Being able to arrange affordable shipping could assuage concerns about cost and handling remote a transaction.

Does TMI, Mr. Eddie Hill, Forman Motorsports etc. do consignment for the Atom 2s?

Also there were quite a few Atoms in Texas. I do not know if there was a glut on the market after the state revoked everyone's registration.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Also there were quite a few Atoms in Texas. I do not know if there was a glut on the market after the state revoked everyone's registration.
    It's probably difficult for someone to register one of the Texas cars that don't have a title. I think a current registration definitely adds value. Transferring registration between states is much easier than starting from scratch.

Country
    United States
    Perhaps in my state I was lucky, but it was less painful registering the Atom from scratch than it is to re-register a common used car.

I am not familiar with the particulars, but if your Texas Atom is assigned a title and registered it seems to me that the title would still be a valid title even if they rescinded the privilege to operate on public roads (after all, those pinko PRK wannabes kept Atom Owners' tax money). The title's just a piece of paper with a serial number, frilly ink and a whoopdeedoo stamp. Until the state refunded me my tax dollars I'd continue to operate the car until the plate's expiration passed.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I am not familiar with the particulars, but if your Texas Atom is assigned a title and registered it seems to me that the title would still be a valid title even if they rescinded the privilege to operate on public roads (after all, those pinko PRK wannabes kept Atom Owners' tax money). The title's just a piece of paper with a serial number, frilly ink and a whoopdeedoo stamp. Until the state refunded me my tax dollars I'd continue to operate the car until the plate's expiration passed.
    Apparently, Texas revoked the title in addition to the registration. That's why some of them sold so cheap. Luckily, I got out of Texas before that happened, so I still have a fully titled and registered car.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Perhaps in my state I was lucky, but it was less painful registering the Atom from scratch than it is to re-register a common used car.

the 9 people who's titles are revoked cannot title their car anywhere, ever. They are now track toys. I have not heard of many selling them as most of them are hoping to one day have that reversed.

I like your attitude about driving it anyways but really it would go like this...you'd get pulled over, and the cop would impound your car b/c it's not legal to drive on the roads...and in Texas, state troopers would LOVE to do exactly that.

So f'ing glad I sold mine.

Country
    United States
    RI doesn't require a title for a car 10 years or older..I'm sure there are other states with similar laws.
    It's not the end of the world if Texas revoked a title...you could always get a dealer plate and drive anything you want. It's really not that difficult. I do that here in Massachewshitts. Yes, I have a repair shop....but a friend of mine has dealer plates and all he has is a shed in his back yard that is his used car business. All legal. Where there is a will..there is a way..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Sorry for the Hijack, RyanD. On the Other forum there's a plated AA2 300 going for $47k and change. Appears mostly stock. You're asking ~60k. It's hard to gauge what the market thinks a supercharger upgrade and is worth, even with all the detail required to bring Brammo's Ecotec up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    So f'ing glad I sold mine.
    So effing glad I left Texass. It's not bad living in the short-bus state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast